Hacking New to DS Flashcart, few advice is needed.

cc2918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I'm very new to DS scene.. I have couple questions regarding flashcarts.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is there any 'future proof' flashcarts out for 3DS/DSi/DS Lite?
I know that its early to tell but is there confirmed 3ds rom supported flashcarts?

2. What exactly is 'card reader'?
I'm plan to buy acekard 2i but 'card reader' is missing. (description from zhuzhuchina)
are these microSD/HC reader or flashcart reader to flash firmware of flashcart?

Thanks in advance.

Officer Delibird

Trophies
Website
comitsblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
cc2918 said:
Hello everyone. I'm very new to DS scene.. I have couple questions regarding flashcarts.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is there any 'future proof' flashcarts out for 3DS/DSi/DS Lite?
I know that its early to tell but is there confirmed 3ds rom supported flashcarts?

I'm plan to buy acekard 2i but 'card reader' is missing. (description from zhuzhuchina)

Thanks in advance.
1. It is not yet set in stone that there is 'future proof'
2. and yes micro sd card reader you can find them at walmart,or it comes with acekard...myne did

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cc2918 said:
1. Is there any 'future proof' flashcarts out for 3DS/DSi/DS Lite?Pretty much all flashcarts work on the DS Lite.
Fewer flashcarts work on the DSi, but there are still quite a few. They include but are not limited to the Acekard 2i, the R4i Gold, and the Supercard DSTWO. DSi firmware updates may cause them to stop working, but these flashcarts often update their own firmware to compensate. Since the DSi is on its way out and the 3DS is on its way in, it is unlikely that there will be a DSi firmware update that breaks flashcart compatibility.
Even fewer flashcarts are shown to work with the 3DS. They include the Acekard 2i (with unreleased firmware update), R4i DSN, and Supercard DSTWO. These flashcarts only work in regular DS mode, and it is highly unlikely these flashcarts will ever be able to play 3DS ROMS. With the 3DS being so new, there is no telling what 3DS firmware updates will do to these flashcarts.

cc2918 said:
I know that its early to tell but is there confirmed 3ds rom supported flashcarts?No. There are no 3DS ROM-supporting flashcarts right now. Only time will tell.

QUOTE(cc2918 @ Mar 10 2011, 02:52 PM)
It means a microSD card reader for your computer.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 Revolution's pretty cheap. If you want to play more games though, get an Acekard. I'm having a bit of trouble adding games on mine's as of late. These damn pokemon games eat up a ton of space and then I'm in the process of finishing a SRW game so that issue will work itself out. Soon, I'll add White for my brother to play when I can get the 1.26 kernel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.