New to DS and have a few questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Wires, Sep 17, 2006.

Sep 17, 2006
  1. Wires
    OP

Newcomer Wires Newbie

United States
    Hi i'm fairly new to the nintendo ds scene and everything, but anyway I'm thinking of getting a Nintendo DS, main reason is because of how you can play ds roms off the flash cards that are out there, I was going to buy maybe 2 games or so that I wanted to play on Wi-Fi cause I dont know if you can do that with the flash card method way. But, my main question is, what would I need like type of flash card and stuff, seeing as how there is so many different brands of cards and stuff. Thanks

2. serious_sean

Member serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

United States
    welcome! I throw my hat in the ring of the M3. compatibility, expandable memory, and quality! the only downsize is that it's a tad pricey.

3. Wires
    OP

Newcomer Wires Newbie

United States
    do you mean M3 Lite? I see that on the main page.

4. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    really if you buy from one of the popular brands (Supercard, EZ flash, M3 etc) it will work. it comes down to price and support if you ask me. Supercard products (superkey & supercard) are on the less expensive end but offer great features and veryyy simple to use. as far as compatibility, few games won't work with card A but will with card B and vice versa. M3 and EZ seem to get software updates faster though.
    I've got 2x superkey, 2x supercardSD 1x SupercardLite and have never had any problem running, well until Lego SW 2....

read info from this thread
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=371...=0&#entry478553

5. serious_sean

Member serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah, there are several types of m3 available. i have the m3 sd, which is an older model. the m3 slim and m3 sd are smaller, and don't stick so far out of the cartridge slot. they also use different media; sd or mini sd.

with a little research, and you personal preference, you can't really go wrong.

6. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    you should also see the reviews here on gbatemp (click on buton on top ) to help you choose the one that suits your needs / restrictions. Generally speaking Supercard= lower gba compatability, but lower price, M3 = higher gba comp, but Higher price. Both have similar comp. with nds games, except with the lego starwars... theres a patch somewhere on the net though

7. romeoondaline

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I dunt know about u guys but i dunt trust that supercard becuase my friend got a fake, soo i would go wit the M3 or any other kind i would also read reviews before i buy if i was u