Homebrew New to CFW for Old 3DS, Have a few quesitons.

AJr24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So currently my 3ds is stock and I have never attempted to change that. It has the original 2gb sd card in it which I would guess I should get a larger sized one if Im going to be going to all the work to do a CFW. Can I use any larger SD card to do that or is there a specific type that will work with the 3ds?

I plan on using https://3ds.guide/ to do this and I have two options, using the browser or hardmod. Is there one that is easier, quicker, more successful? I should mention that my 3ds version is 5.1.0-11u so I can do a CFW.

How do you go about adding 3ds roms if I follow the guide? I had a flashcart before that I would just plug in and move the ds games over. It doesnt work with 3ds games and I would like to play some newer ones.

Is there anything else that I should know before following the guide?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
So currently my 3ds is stock and I have never attempted to change that. It has the original 2gb sd card in it which I would guess I should get a larger sized one if Im going to be going to all the work to do a CFW. Can I use any larger SD card to do that or is there a specific type that will work with the 3ds?

I plan on using https://3ds.guide/ to do this and I have two options, using the browser or hardmod. Is there one that is easier, quicker, more successful? I should mention that my 3ds version is 5.1.0-11u so I can do a CFW.

How do you go about adding 3ds roms if I follow the guide? I had a flashcart before that I would just plug in and move the ds games over. It doesnt work with 3ds games and I would like to play some newer ones.

Is there anything else that I should know before following the guide?
get a bigger SD card, and use freeshop to play games

Reactions: nitroBW

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's saying to get the 11.2 one anyway, regardless of your version. so hblauncher_loader works when you update to 11.4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free