New to Breaking Bad

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never seen the show before until now, and I have to say I'm insanely surprised.

I like Bryan Cranston's acting. Of course, like a lot of people, I mainly know him from Malcolm in the Middle. But when I was first downloading Breaking Bad, I had no idea that he was in it. And now that I watched a few episodes, I can't see how they could have picked a better actor.

I get that the first season is about him having cancer and he makes meth to sell so he can support his family, is that what all the seasons are about mainly, like the main plot of the show?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that's the basic plot of the show. It's one of my favorite shows to come out in recent years thanks to the great writing and actors they picked. Don't worry about it getting boring or repetative, they keep things... interesting lets say :).

Favorite quote from the show: "They're not rocks, they're minerals!"

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This show is awesome. Amazing characters get thrown into a bazillion grotesque situations.

The acting is so good I just keep watching even through the slower episodes.

My only gripe is, I want to buy it on BluRay which isn't released yet. SO I had to download the HD rips.

Everyone (above the age of 16 :P) go watch Breaking Bad.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh man I love Breaking Bad. I don't watch much TV at all, but this is the first show in a long time for which I've watched every episode back to back. I spent 4 days straight watching every season during my summer break last year.

Wait until you see the twins. Those are some seriously effed up dudes.

And Gus :wub:

Waiting for the final season is torture D:

Reactions: 1 person

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just like you Densetsu. Love this show. Have every episode on my PC. I thought the series was over until I found this thread. Now to do some detective work :D

**Update** 16 new episodes!!! B-)

undyingforce

Trophies
Website
club.ign.com
XP
Country
United States
The whole show so far is superb. AMC has some of my favortie shows which include Breaking Bad, Mad Men & Walking Dead.

Want to check out The Killing.

Oh this is BS! You stole my avatar!

D

Deleted_171835

Breaking Bad is a pretty cool show. Just started watching it and I'm enjoying it (S02E07).

And man, this scene.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I usually read a bit about a series and then I try it and most of the time I ended up loving the series but somehow Breaking Bad and Dexter I couldn`t get into at all... and I watched like 5 episodes each and just could find it entertaining.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually read a bit about a series and then I try it and most of the time I ended up loving the series but somehow Breaking Bad and Dexter I couldn`t get into at all... and I watched like 5 episodes each and just could find it entertaining.

Well the two of them are both rather similar, although they progress in different directions character wise.

Dexter is about the main character developing to be a better person. He goes from being rather cold and emotionless to really starting to care about his family and stuff like that.

Breaking Bad is about the main character developing into a worse person. He eventually succumbs to greed and money as he continues to make drugs even when he's able to pay for his treatment and have his family set for life.

Both shows are pretty good though, I really need to get back into Breaking Bad. It's all on Netflix so I really don't have any excuse.

D

Deleted_171835

Season 5 is here baby!

i2Y7PtVl1vaK4.gif

Watched the premiere and it was good.

Walt is really turning into a monster.
Especially with Ted and what he said to Saul, "We're Done When I Say So”

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished season four yesterday and was gonna watch the first episode of season five but I accidentally turned it off.

I felt that season four ended so nicely that I really don't know if I wanted another season. I mean it had some cliffhangers but most of it was wrapped up. Now this feels like another "clean up" season. Like I think it was probably from the middle of season two to the middle of season three that felt so boring. Basically when Walt isn't cooking meth, it feels kinda dull.

Also, don't watch AMC. They're fucking pricks. I'm watching AMC and then decide "LOL LET'S ADVERTISE BREAKING BAD WITH A GIGANTIC SPOILER"

For the record they keep replaying the scene where Gus gets blown up so I'm like "FUCKING GREAT JOB" and could see his death coming from a mile away.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I finished season four yesterday and was gonna watch the first episode of season five but I accidentally turned it off.

I felt that season four ended so nicely that I really don't know if I wanted another season. I mean it had some cliffhangers but most of it was wrapped up. Now this feels like another "clean up" season. Like I think it was probably from the middle of season two to the middle of season three that felt so boring. Basically when Walt isn't cooking meth, it feels kinda dull.

Also, don't watch AMC. They're fucking pricks. I'm watching AMC and then decide "LOL LET'S ADVERTISE BREAKING BAD WITH A GIGANTIC SPOILER"

For the record they keep replaying the scene where Gus gets blown up so I'm like "FUCKING GREAT JOB" and could see his death coming from a mile away.
The first episode of season 5 was good but it was more of a clean up, like you said.

D

Deleted_171835

No one else is watching Breaking Bad?

(minor S05E03 spoilers)

Well that's a shit spoiler. The finale with him was really good.

Especially since they made him walk out of the room at first so the viewer thought he was alive

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Still watching it, episode 3 was good, I like the new cook method, though it will have to change, else
Walt will end up killing Mike...Probs will happen either way, maybe a series finale...

TBH, with the way Dexter ended last season, I can see that being so much more interesting than Breaking Bad...

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walt seems different in season 5. They needed to bring season 5 out sooner than they actually did. I'm still watching it though, as I have been since season1 episode 1.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only complaint with the show is that it feels really slow at times. Like the show is very interesting when Walt's cooking meth but when he's not, it's kinda dull. It's just him playing clean up and it's kinda boring. The show has you hooked when he is cooking though.

Personally though I feel like the show should have ended on season four, the ending left just enough open for speculation but it tied up most things.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone watch episode 4? I found it pretty damn good. Also, considering the episode title this really isn't a spoiler: Was it vege bacon again? I'm seriously curious xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: T ouché.