New to 3DS homebrew etc. I would really appreciate help.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by oMETCALFEo, Jan 15, 2016.

1. oMETCALFEo
    OP

oMETCALFEo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Okay, so I used to have a DS flashcart back in the day, and I also done stuff with PSP, but this seems a lot more confusing.

I followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

I now have a N3DS with SysNand at 9.2 and EmuNand at 10.3
    When I turn on my 3DS and WITHOUT holding a button, the screen glitches and loads a purple menu, where I can access:
    Reinand
    HomeBrewMenu
    More_

When I hold up on the dpad (the button I selected) and turn on the 3DS, it boots into SysNand.
    I'm trying to install GBA Cias, but honestly I'm very confused by everything. It seems like everyone has a different set up and no tutorial seems to make much sense.

I tried installing CIAs last night to both Nands, I would load SysNand (by holding up and turning on) and when I tried to play a game it would come up with an error had occurred and to turn off the power.

So this morning I deleted the CIAs from both the Nands to take me back to square one, and tried to follow a different tutorial. It told me to press B+Start when loading Reinand, which did nothing. So I updated the files and tried again. This time instead of loading SysNand (as I read it was meant to) the screen went back to the purple menu. And if I tried loading Reinand without pressing B, I would just get a black screen and have to turn off the 3DS.

So now, I have reverted back to the old Reinand I had, and it works like it used to (loading reinand fine, but not loading into SysNand when I press B). I am at a complete loss though, I really don't know what to do from here.

If anyone can help me get this set up, I would be very greatful, thanks.

2. oMETCALFEo
    OP

oMETCALFEo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Figured it out. Used AGB_Firm and it worked like a charm. Sorry, I should have done more research before posting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice