Homebrew New to 3DS homebrew etc. I would really appreciate help.

oMETCALFEo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I used to have a DS flashcart back in the day, and I also done stuff with PSP, but this seems a lot more confusing.

I followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

I now have a N3DS with SysNand at 9.2 and EmuNand at 10.3
When I turn on my 3DS and WITHOUT holding a button, the screen glitches and loads a purple menu, where I can access:
Reinand
HomeBrewMenu
More_

When I hold up on the dpad (the button I selected) and turn on the 3DS, it boots into SysNand.
I'm trying to install GBA Cias, but honestly I'm very confused by everything. It seems like everyone has a different set up and no tutorial seems to make much sense.

I tried installing CIAs last night to both Nands, I would load SysNand (by holding up and turning on) and when I tried to play a game it would come up with an error had occurred and to turn off the power.

So this morning I deleted the CIAs from both the Nands to take me back to square one, and tried to follow a different tutorial. It told me to press B+Start when loading Reinand, which did nothing. So I updated the files and tried again. This time instead of loading SysNand (as I read it was meant to) the screen went back to the purple menu. And if I tried loading Reinand without pressing B, I would just get a black screen and have to turn off the 3DS.

So now, I have reverted back to the old Reinand I had, and it works like it used to (loading reinand fine, but not loading into SysNand when I press B). I am at a complete loss though, I really don't know what to do from here.

If anyone can help me get this set up, I would be very greatful, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.