Hacking New to 3ds hacking - ways to begin?

leek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello gbaTemp Community,

I recently bought a o3DS that was on firmware 7.2, and am asking myself now what I can do with it.
I have already done the following things:
- downgraded sysnand to 4.5 and upgraded to 9.2
- installed rxTools 3.0 with AutoBoot
- dumped every 3ds card I could find, converted it to a .cia and installed it on my emuNAND
- planned to do a hardmod

As I'm interested in modifying everything you potentially can modify, I am interested in other things you can do with your 3DS. (such as other CFWs, etc)

Hopefully there will be some fun things :)

Leek/Simon

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello gbaTemp Community,

I recently bought a o3DS that was on firmware 7.2, and am asking myself now what I can do with it.
I have already done the following things:
- downgraded sysnand to 4.5 and upgraded to 9.2
- installed rxTools 3.0 with AutoBoot
- dumped every 3ds card I could find, converted it to a .cia and installed it on my emuNAND
- planned to do a hardmod

As I'm interested in modifying everything you potentially can modify, I am interested in other things you can do with your 3DS. (such as other CFWs, etc)

Hopefully there will be some fun things :)

Leek/Simon
Don't want to stop you, but you should be a bit careful if you really intend to try everything. or at least wait until you actually have that hardmod. The GW downgrade feature is not a good thing, as it does an awfully messy job, and 9.0...9.2 is a better FW to be on anyways.

Other than that, take a look in my Github (signature). Among my own development, I've got a collection of useful PC tools and an extended homebrew starter pack in there, which might give you some stuff to play around. Sudokuhax (you will find it via Goog) might also be a nice project to try.

Oh, and in any case try my Decrypt9WIP (in my signature) as an rxTools alternative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool