Misc New to 3DS CFW. Hi!

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all. Recently hacked my N3DS with CFW after putting it off for ages. I think the news of the eshop closure is what finally kicked me to do it, and I can't believe I've left it this long. It was and is so simple, and it's like I've got a brand-new console in my hands! Amazing stuff.

Something that's really bugging me though: How do I put CFW on an Amazon Kids Fire 10 to run Golden Sun: Dark Dawn?

Nah but seriously, loading the different emulators and testing out ideas has been a blast so far. I can't believe I can finally play Mega-lo-mania again in a handheld format.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to learning much more about CFW and following some of the amazing projects that this community makes :)

Last edited by Maximumbeans,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How's the experience with modding the console? I've been thinking of doing it myself
I'm considering it too))
It’s awesome. Haven't doubted the decision for a second. If you already love the 3DS then hacking it just blows the potential wide open, in my opinion. Since hacking mine I've:

- Used OPEN AGB FIRM to revisit GBA games I haven't been able to play in years, and many I never got to play at all. This uses the 3DS's native GBA hardware so the sound is perfect and there are no emulation glitches.
- Played Tomb Raider using OpenLara (this was a massive pain in the arse to actually set up and it was a very buggy experience but fun overall).
- Made my own custom theme and installed it using Anemone. It's Pokemon themed and plays the classic PC noise when I open it from sleep mode on the home screen. Small detail but makes me smile.
- Used picodrive to emulate some of my favourite Megadrive (Genesis) games, SNES9x to play SNES games I never owned back in the day, and VirtuaNES to do the same for NES titles.
- Installed Retroarch and am currently using the PSX core to play Final Fantasy Tactics for the first time.

It's just generally really cool to be able to do more with the console and follow the amazing stuff that community members still put out. Even small things like using the Luma menu to be able to check my specific battery percentage are just so helpful over the vanilla experience.

I actually spend more time now playing a GBA title than I do actually playing the cartridge inserted into my console :rofl2:

TL;DR - it's awesome and I give it my recommendation. Can answer any questions you have :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol