new to 360 moving over from wii (a few quickQ)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by slickric33, Dec 19, 2009.

1. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi guys have a hacked wii but the games just plain suck (well the kids love them ) but after trying forza 3 thats it.

getting the elite and having it modded, dont really anticipate playing online (ill be banned anyway) so here goes

1 if ur 360 has never been banned is there a fix coming and if it has been banned can it be unbanned w/ a fix?
    2 can u download isos and is there a way to install them the isos (like w/ the wii)
    to hd and not have to burn 1st then install
    3 do they put updates on new games that need to be blocked before playing
    4 do they put firmware updates on new games where you need them to play the new games and w/ out live u cant update games or can you download the updates via torrents
    5 can i just never play online and not be banned and just download updates when necessary (what im asking is do they see the modded 360 or only if u r playing or have a burned game in the drive
    6 promise last question, can u download games copy to harddrive and access through harddrive to prevent unneeded wear and tear to dvd reader of is this copying to hd process only available through xbox live

thanks guys, sorry for being such a noob but have been in wii world w/ kids and its time for daddy to play a real madden

2. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    1. no
    2. yes, if you get a pre May 2009 xbox 360 and hack it.
    3. yes, not sure how
    4. there are updates but someone else needs to answer
    5. current hacked firmware is detectable regardless of copied game or not
    6. yes but without the hard drive loader hack the dvd is required in the drive.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    1) No is the safest answer, there is no simple fix and never will be.
    2) What olliepop2000 said. Most people however are stuck with downloading isos and burning dual layer discs.
    3) Blocked as in for homebrew yes: you need to use a rebooter app. Blocked as in games will stop working no because you flash the drive not the 360.
    4) Yes, yes and you can also download them from MS themselves.
    5) As you can download the updates yourself.... Banning is an odd thing and at this point in time you are not safe.
    6) As of a few 360 firmware versions ago you can install to the hard drive (you still need the disc in the drive but only for quick verification), banning prevents this but with a bit of effort you can almost always get it back.
    If you have a flashed drive and have backed up the keys as you should have been told to you have everything needed to stick a new drive in the 360 and spares are readily available.
    Homebrew users have or will have far more options in the near future.

4. vjgbatemp

Newcomer vjgbatemp Advanced Member

United States
    1 if ur 360 has never been banned is there a fix coming and if it has been banned can it be unbanned w/ a fix?
    Yes. My xbox was banned. gave it back to the guy i got it from and picked it up the next day. i can play online games again. cost me about 30£

2 can u download isos and is there a way to install them the isos (like w/ the wii) to hd and not have to burn 1st then install
    yes you can download iso's. "xbox360iso" or torrents are the usual way to go. you burn aout 8 gig files to a disk and thats it.

3 do they put updates on new games that need to be blocked before playing
    i dunno, never needed any such update.

4 do they put firmware updates on new games where you need them to play the new games and w/ out live u cant update games or can you download the updates via torrents
    you can update a game via torrent. i've never needed to do anything like it.

5 can i just never play online and not be banned and just download updates when necessary (what im asking is do they see the modded 360 or only if u r playing or have a burned game in the drive
    if you have the latest modded 360 you don't have to worry.

6 promise last question, can u download games copy to harddrive and access through harddrive to prevent unneeded wear and tear to dvd reader of is this copying to hd process only available through xbox live
    nope, games must be burned to disk. you can install to reduce load times, the disk still needed to be in the tray but it doesn't spin nearly as much once installed.

5. driverzx

Member driverzx GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If you are planning to never-ever play online, you should flash your 360. But believe me, playing online with friends is so much more fun than playing alone.