New Tetsuya Nomura Interview - Kingdom Hearts 3 Imminent?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep still doesn't have a solid release date in America, but the first PSP entry in Tetsuya Nomura's freewheeling Disney/Square Enix crossover epic is just about wrapped up development-wise.
"We're in the final push -- making text fixes and so forth," the Square Enix director and character designer said in an interview with Famitsu magazine this week. "It's a pretty complex story this time, so we have to make sure everything's in order with it. We're fine-tuning it so even people who don't know the series can more-or-less understand what's going on. I'm pretty sure all the work will be done by the time this interview's published."

On that note, should newbies to the KH series worry about being unable to follow the story behind Birth By Sleep, which comes out January 9 in Japan? "That's something people asked a lot with 358/2 Days as well," Nomura responded, "but the way I do it is to have each individual game fully enjoyable when you play from the perspective of the hero. I know some gamers are concerned that since they don't have all the information, there may be parts of the story that they can't follow all that closely. We can't cover every single base in each individual game, of course, but it's not that newcomers can't enjoy the extended story arc, either.

"Rea and others [from previous KH games] show up here," Nomura continued, "but it's the first time Ventus ever meets them too, so to a new player, it'd be the same as him -- he'd know that those characters are some kind of special presence, but not much else. If the player is interested in exploring their roles in the tale more closely, they can then move on to other games in the series. So there's fun to be had both if you know the series and if you don't know it at all. Besides, Kingdom Hearts' story is all about reading between the lines and filling in the blanks for yourself -- You won't understand everything even if you're fully versed in the series."

Like in previous Kingdom Hearts games, Birth By Sleep has a special "secret movie" that's played after the ending only if you satisfy certain conditions. "If you get a chance to see this movie in addition to the ending, I think your entire impression of the story will change," Nomura said. "I'm not going to spoil it, but the secret movie in this game doesn't just set up a sequel -- it puts all the pieces of the story together."

So how do you access it, then? "As always, you have to fulfill a few conditions," noted Nomura. "You choose a difficulty level at the start of the game, and it gets easier to access the movie if you start with the hardest difficulty. On the simplest level you can't see it, period."

It wouldn't be a Nomura interview without some hints on Square Enix's other ongoing RPG projects, and he didn't let readers down this time, either. "FF Agito XIII is proceeding well toward its next milestone," he said, "but the current plan will likely put The 3rd Birthday ahead of it. Both of them will be more fully revealed beginning next year, so look out for those."

In addition, Nomura also hinted at "an unannounced project which is moving along faster than originally expected." He wouldn't reveal any further information about it, but apparently "development's going smoothly and we started voice-recording work recently" on the title.

Finally, "there's one more unannounced title, though that one isn't a completely brand-new game," Nomura closed. "Look out for that one, too."

News Source: KHInsider

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty obvious. Kingdom Hearts is a cash cow, why wouldn't they make a third one?

Don't they usually put an allusion to the next game in the end of the previous game? Including sub-stories, of course.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way he worded things, I was thinking a new IP or a sequel to the world ends with you or something like that.

Not really a KH3....

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't someone say they were interested in making a sequel to TWEWY some time back? Anyway, whatever they're planning, I hope it's as good as TWEWY if not better.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
KH has picked up the pace esp after the DS and PSP versions... I cant say tht this will be as good cuz u need characters to promote the game which the PSP version had
P.S - I request all news posters to summarize the info cuz its annoying to read a whole message

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
McGuild wins the topic, Disney is a cash cow/Square Enix is a cash cow put them together you got a cash cow monopoly

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I take it that KH3 is the final game for the series? (I hope... The friggin storyline is so confusing, just end this crap already)

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raika said:
So, I take it that KH3 is the final game for the series? (I hope... The friggin storyline is so confusing, just end this crap already)
Hard to say, but my guess is yes.
It seems confusing right now because so many things are waiting to be answered. For example, the obvious relationship between Ventus and Roxas.
But that'll be revealed in BBS. (:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
TWEWY 2 will not happen; not enough sales. Everyone who wants a sequel downloaded the fucking thing.

WikipediaIn Japan, the game premiered as the second-best selling DS title during the week of July 27, 2007.[61] Nearly 193,000 units were sold in Japan by the end of 2007.[62] The World Ends with You sold 43,000 copies during April 2008 in North America.[63] The first shipment of the game sold out mid-May[64] and a second shipment was made in mid-June 2008.[65] The game was the top-selling DS title the week of its release[66] and again two weeks later.[67] As of September 30, 2008, The World Ends With You has sold approximately 140,000 copies in North America and 20,000 copies in Europe.

Anyway, this isn't a TWEWY discussion. Stay on topic

M

mario5555

shakirmoledina said:
P.S - I request all news posters to summarize the info cuz its annoying to read a whole message

Really...??? It took me all of two minutes to read the post in it's entirety, for cryin' out loud.
rolleyes.gif

OT- though, I really wished he'd go back to his more simplistic character designs, I like those so much more than what he's done since before Kingdom Hearts, too many bloody belts, zippers and other crap. And even though I've owned all of the KH games for many years I've only played 2 for a couple hours and was disappointed I HAD to play as Sora, I really liked playing as Roxas during the intro. And I agree they need to put this series to bed, what are we at 5 games (or 3-4 more if you look at the list on Gamefaqs) now in the span of wow...7 years already. But still put the series to bed already, especially with a overarching storyline, fans just want to see all the storylines getting tied up.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
Only the first KH game was good. Every other games were typical SE shit.
You must be smoking on the heat rocks. Every game after the first KH was pretty good in my opinion. I don't understand why people hate on the series so much just because it strays away from Final Fantasy.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
>> Implying that I'm trolling.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Whatever. Go enjoy your shitty game with belts and zippers, and homosexual undertones everywhere.
Would you mind telling us why you're still fucking in a thread all about these "shitty" games?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
Tropicana said:
>> Implying that I'm trolling.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Whatever. Go enjoy your shitty game with belts and zippers, and homosexual undertones everywhere.
Would you mind telling us why you're still fucking in a thread all about these "shitty" games?

I enjoy the arguments and the butthurt, what else?

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as you react to him, he is a successful troll.

On-topic: I hope that if they make a KH3 game, I will like it. Although, I very much doubt I will.
When KH1 came out, I tried really hard to like it, but just couldn't. Chain of Memories and KH2 were as just as mediocre, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM