Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New supercard software out

If this has been posted then apologies but havent seen it

2.542 Available now in downloads section on supercard homepage or from unofficial supercard site (Bookmark this site as it always has the firmware and software updates quite quickly.

Firmware is still 1.62

biggrin.gif

yaynds.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it's good isn't it, I wasn't expecting this.

Now not only do you have 100% speed with 100% of the GBA roms now, you can also use the 'X' and 'Y' buttons (if you have a DS) to speed up and slow back down to .. normal, x2, x4, x8 speeds ... it's like a fast forward button, really handy to get past those non skippable intros.

Mario Kart at x8 is really cool 8)

TripleA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mainly on fixing the bugs of patching the NDS games

·0451 Daisenryaku DS: Great Strategy screen freeze problem fixed
·0484 Megaman ZX saving problem fixed
·0485 restart (think is back to menu) bug is fixed.
· NDS can now patch up to 0485.

Check out the offical website under the download section.

where are yall finding the other stuff from

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as the speed up thing I think that is a joke, because I tried 4 different games including mario kart and the X Y buttons don't do anything. As for the compatiability every game I tried with the other software worked just fine for me so I saw no difference in that area.

tomdarth5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I havent actually tried it yet with gba but has anyone else noticed in the default options you are unable to select compress rom now?

Perhaps it's my pc but that option is greyed out it wasnt in 2.541
Thanks

yaynds.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I havent actually tried it yet with gba but has anyone else noticed in the default options you are unable to select compress rom now?

Perhaps it's my pc but that option is greyed out it wasnt in 2.541
Thanks

yaynds.gif

It's not ur PC, its greyed out for me too. Doesn't bother me much seeing as I rarely play GBA games now anyway
smile.gif

noctrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes the compress option is greyed out and u cannot compres the GBA roms anymore :'( maybe because the compress option of the 2.541 version was white-screen buggy and they still havent fixed it... anyway i use the 2.53 version with the updated data files from the latest, so that i can compress all GBA roms. this has saved me over 200MB on my 1GB miniSd card, so that i can load even more games and videos on it! (for exclusive use on my GBA-SP)

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so is it if even worth the download?

Yea it not worth the DL, since it doesn't fix the slowdown becuase I tried Disney's Aladdin and it still give me slowdown.

mutejute

Trophies
XP
Country
yes the compress option is greyed out and u cannot compres the GBA roms anymore :'( maybe because the compress option of the 2.541 version was white-screen buggy and they still havent fixed it... anyway i use the 2.53 version with the updated data files from the latest, so that i can compress all GBA roms. this has saved me over 200MB on my 1GB miniSd card, so that i can load even more games and videos on it! (for exclusive use on my GBA-SP)

where can i download the 2.53 version plus the updated data files from the latest? just ordered supercard minisd and have downloaded the latest version but compression is greyed out. i want to try the compression, and of course with the latest data files. thanks in advance.

mutejute

Trophies
XP
Country
when you say "updated data files from the latest", do you mean the datafiles from 2.542? which files? is it the rominfo.dat?

sorry for being noob, im just new at gba thing. just bought gba micro last weekend and still waiting for my supercard mini-sd.

i installed both 2.542 and 2.53, and i can run both at the same time. so i guess there's no conflict and i hope it wont affect the output files. of course i'll just run one version when converting/patching gba files.

noctrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
when you say "updated data files from the latest", do you mean the datafiles from 2.542? which files? is it the rominfo.dat?

sorry for being noob, im just new at gba thing. just bought gba micro last weekend and still waiting for my supercard mini-sd.

i installed both 2.542 and 2.53, and i can run both at the same time. so i guess there's no conflict and i hope it wont affect the output files. of course i'll just run one version when converting/patching gba files.
Well, i copy the following files to the 2.53 folder: ndsrominfo.dat, rominfo.dat, and the whole cheat folder.
Still haven't figured out whats different in the 2 updates since the 2.53 version, except the rom compressing being broken
smile.gif
have tried a LOT of GBA games, and there isn't a single game which behaves different with the new versions.
Maybe they are updating only the DS game patching functions only. But since I don't have a DS (yet) i can't test this part...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm