New Supercard DSTWO information and photos

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Mar 25, 2010.

1. RiotShooter

RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    Hopefully the price isnt too high. I might buy one if the price is right. So does the GBA emulation mean we can finally load gba games from a flashcart?

2. DarkWay

DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

Aug 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    yes it does the super card DStwo has the extra stuff needed to play GBA games from your slot 1 without the need for the expansion

3. gameguy95

gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

Banned
    Jan 27, 2009
    United States
    Furrytown
    This raises my want level from [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] to [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    You make it sound like this is the first flashcart to have GBA emulation from slot-1, its not. The iPlayer had it first.

5. iceissocold

iceissocold Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    I don't think other flash carts can do this sort of thing. This DSTWO card most likely has additional ram to compensate for the lack of a slot 2 device.

With all these additional features.. this will most likely come with a not so great price tag. =/

6. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Well, this is the first commercial-rom loading flashcard supporting it [​IMG]

7. inter4ever

inter4ever GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2005
    United States
    Hopefully GBA emulation will be good. Can't wait to play some GBA on my XL [​IMG]

8. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    SNES?

Has this been dropped?

9. I am r4ymond

I am r4ymond PFE

Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    Ionia
    Wow, it looks awesome! The GUI's better now. I want it, but I can't buy it, so either way...

10. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    If the GBA emulation is really, really good, I will definitely get one just for the sake of playing GBA games on the XL.
    But I'm very picky, if a game doesn't run smooth with perfect audio and speed then I'd just stick with my GBA SP2 and M3Perfect SD.
    By the way I still use a slot 2 Supercard SD just for homebrew on my DSL, and the fact that the card is still supported by the official team after so long is amazing and tells you a great deal about how serious and committed is this company.
    Like I said , regardless the fact that I just bought an AK2i for my upcoming XL, I will gladly by one of these if they get the GBA emulation just right.

11. rich333

rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2009

i doubt it, they would loose a heap of sales if they did

12. 5H3N10n9

5H3N10n9 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    cant wait for the releases, hope it dont get any delay.

13. 5H3N10n9

5H3N10n9 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    yes, i always want to replay the goldensun series in gba, especially goldensun ds is coming soon. [​IMG]

14. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Wow this sure looks cool, but I just ordered an iPlayer a few days ago so I wont be getting this, as for GBA I can use my PSP or iPlayer, but still this looks so cool [​IMG]

15. stivsama

stivsama GBA-Tenchan

Oct 24, 2002
    If they could only seal the deal with raw video playback, and other abilities... to rival Moonshell, maybe? If they can do that within EOS...

Also, more info on the enhanced emulation plz

Lastly, at least a price range would be nice

16. CyrusBlue

CyrusBlue GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    New York
    I'm jealous.....that firmware is sexy.

I love my Sakura but this is so better looking.

17. zaro27

zaro27 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2009
    United States
    Huntsville, AL
    Yep. I'm buyin it. I've got my DSOnei and love it and I'm hoping the DSTwo is just as good

18. xeronut

xeronut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2003
    United States
    Ohio - Land of the Lost
    I don't see them doing much for the GBA emulator outside some speed optimization tweaks for the new hardware (if this is indeed new hardware or just a commercial ROM-enabled iPlayer). If the game didn't work or had crashing issues on the iPlayer, I highly doubt that fact will change on the DSTWO as all the former's emulator was in the first place was a quick-and-dirty gpSP port. The SNES emulation is the stickler for me - if it's nailed, I'll buy it immediately as I find myself playing my DS far more than my PSP nowadays. Also, it'd be nice to see that SNES emulator released for the iPlayer as well (unless there's a hardware restriction involved). Movie playback is a big 'meh' given the limited resolution of the DS screens.

As an aside, I'd love to see a *really* well-done PDF plugin for this.

19. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    That skin looks childish x].
    Other than that... Looking forward to seeing reviews of this to know if it is well worth the money [​IMG]
    Hopefully, SuperCard will be keeping up with the latest games and actually staying up to date!

20. disconnected

disconnected Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Between Earth and the moon
    I would prefer to see one thousand times more a photo of the flash cart internals than seeing the menu.. Showing fancy system is just marketing, nothing more...

For the record, I'm not an acerkard/r4/... fanboy, I have 2 supercard and don't use any other brand...