New SuperCard DS(ONE) Info and Photos! *Update*

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would I be able to use a 256mb microSD ??

i am reallllyyyy low on cash.. its the only one i can afford..
or would that be totally useless?

I would suggest you waiting to get a 512mb card, as you would be able to fit more, if you have to get a 256mb card you can expect to fit say both pokemon games on it before its full, or roughly 4 of the latest games as they are around 64mb.

Correction, each Pokemon game (referring to Diamond & Pearl) are 128 MB so only one would fit on a 256 MB Micro SD card. You need to save data for the OS and save files.

well i dont mind about the size. I already checked and I can put like 5 games i want there.
All i need to know is that is it playable?
like if its playable and it runs fine then i'm good with it

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry i cant help you there ambitous21, i dont have a supercard, nor do i have 256mb, im getting a 1 gb sandisk, pity i read that kingston isnt having problems after ordering a normal sandisk. I could buy a 1 gb kingston but im hoping that 2 gb works, although what would i do with my other one?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I grabbed a 1GB Kingston a week ago and was somewhat disappointed because I didn't get a Sandisk, which had reported write speeds higher than the Kingston's. I didn't really care too much since I got a good price on it, but now from what I'm reading, it looks like the Kingston is performing better with the SCDS. Double win
cool.gif

rtype88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm, I wonder why the supercard has a battery.

That sucks about the sandisk not being too great I just bought a regular 1gig, but it only cost me 20euro so I can't be too mad.

I'll probably order mine tonight from supercardstore.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. I grabbed a 1GB Kingston a week ago and was somewhat disappointed because I didn't get a Sandisk, which had reported write speeds higher than the Kingston's. I didn't really care too much since I got a good price on it, but now from what I'm reading, it looks like the Kingston is performing better with the SCDS. Double winÂ
cool.gif
Does a write speed really matter that much? I Mean the card is read from, not written to except for saves.

sarah99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) Kingston is much faster than Sandisk (almost 2x as fast)
2) speed readings are dependent on the reader you are using (fast cards often aren't read properly in older readers so appear slow)
3) the speed of the card doesn't matter in most games
4) most slot 1 devices have huge problems reading/writing to the faster cards

Yes you would be better with the Sandisk, but only because it's REALLY slow.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm wondering is this:

Should I stick to the Supercard Lite or put down some bones to make my Supercard interface really pretty?

All those screens are really tempting me...
unsure.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Kingston is much faster than Sandisk (almost 2x as fast)
2) speed readings are dependent on the reader you are using (fast cards often aren't read properly in older readers so appear slow)
3) the speed of the card doesn't matter in most games
4) most slot 1 devices have huge problems reading/writing to the faster cards

Yes you would be better with the Sandisk, but only because it's REALLY slow.

So, Sarah, are you saying that, for instance, my plain vanilla Sandisk card would work better in my SCDS than my UltraII??? I've got one of each but assumed the UltraII would be better.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does a write speed really matter that much? I Mean the card is read from, not written to except for saves.
Read speeds are generally pretty high and always higher than the write speeds. So it's not often you'd have to keep an eye out for those speeds. But like sarah said, a lot of readers aren't capable of handling really high speeds, which would explain why a slower card (based on read/write speeds) works better sometimes in the SCDS.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

Greatly appreciate all the effort going into reviewing this new slot 1. I ordered mine last night as it sounds like the majority of DS games work, has ability to play movies, mp3's, browse images very nicely and it's so convinient. Not sure why the supercardone has a battery in it, but it doesn't really concern me. Don't our motherboards have battteries in them as well?

I just have one question, what would I have to get in addition to this supercardone to allow me to use the Browser? I would like to stay with the supercard brand. If perhaps anyone could link me to a couple items that'd be fantastic.

Thanks again, and I'll do my part testing out a few things when I receive it in 3-5 bus days
smile.gif

Cheers!

dl1955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I should be getting my Ds one soon. What EXACT microsd card is recommended by you guys testing? I was going to get an ultraII 2gb microsd but see that Kingston is better?

What do you guys recommend?
Thanks!!

mecharse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just have one question, what would I have to get in addition to this supercardone to allow me to use the Browser? I would like to stay with the supercard brand.
Any slot-2 Supercard, excluding the Rumble versions (which lack the memory required to run the browser). If you're only looking to use the browser, get either the SC Lite (for a DS Lite) or the SC MiniSD (for an original DS) just because they don't stick out. If you want to run DS games and homebrew from the Slot-2 card, the Supercard CF has slightly better performance in that area. And if you want to play GBA games as well, might be worth looking into the M3 series.

dl1955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

What card do you guy EXACTLY recommend for the DS one? I was going to buy an UltraII but see the Kingston is also good.
I thought that high speed cards are best but I now read that slow cards are better.. Sorry but can someone clarify and tell me which card is best?
Thank you so much.

sWampyone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use your .SAV from SC lite. I dnt want to start my games over again...

How is the Menu or GUI?

The saves work fine.

The gui is moonshell, so it's pretty good, has a few quirks I don't like. It's super easy to launch a game by mistake while using the menus with the touch screen, I'd like them make you double click to launch, or even throw up a box asking if you wanted to launch. An Icon only mode would also be nice where you could see dozens of games on the screen at once.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone explain to me what it means when people say they're worried certain roms will brick their ds? Is it possible for a .nds file to be malware and actually trash your ds? Is this only a risk if you've flashed your firmware and not if you're simply using a slot 1 card?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, does the supercard ds one allow you to watch movies on it?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys!

What card do you guy EXACTLY recommend for the DS one? I was going to buy an UltraII but see the Kingston is also good.
I thought that high speed cards are best but I now read that slow cards are better.. Sorry but can someone clarify and tell me which card is best?
Thank you so much.

That issue has been brought up alot on this topic, i suggest you search through it, as sarah99 has said a slower card will probably work best, so a normal sandisk is what people have reccomended. Next time, use the search and you didnt need to post twice someone would have answered your question when they get online.

Max Steele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still cannot get Cooking Mama or Need for Speed to work. Can someone please help? I've verified that I am using clean/good dumps. Cooking Mama works if I patch it, I'd like to make sure I'm not doing something wrong though.
Cooking Mama works fine without using patching using 1GB Sandisk and the latest firmware.

I was a bit worried when I was hearing problems with Sandisk but using it is quite fine apart from some 'delayed' white screens as AI was talking about ealier.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can someone explain to me what it means when people say they're worried certain roms will brick their ds? Is it possible for a .nds file to be malware and actually trash your ds? Is this only a risk if you've flashed your firmware and not if you're simply using a slot 1 card?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, does the supercard ds one allow you to watch movies on it?

Well the whole issue of Bricked DS' started when a hacker added a virus to a Homebrew picture viewer when people used this on their DS they found that it no longer worked, however there are many sites that can help you unbrick it should this happen. Although if you stick to well used, trusted Rom or homebrew sites.

Also yes the Supercard DS does allow you to play movies as its moonshell, although they are not MPEG or AVI files, they are DPG i believe. But dont worry, on the supercard website, you can get a version of moonshell with files that allow you to encode files to DPG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol