OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
Well, I finally received my new revised ( more like repackaged) SCDS 1.
laugh.gif

supercard1.jpg

supercard2.jpg

So what's the big improvement:
1. The packaging looks great
2. The build quality is much better
3. It comes with a card reader.

From what I can see, those are the only improvements to the new (version 2) SCDS 1.
frown.gif
It still uses the same old firmware and they still have not addressed the SCDS 1's main problem; it's still picky with micro sd that you use.
cry.gif
I tried a kingston (Taiwan) micro sd and it's still had the same problems ( It is too slow! SC DS will not support it!).
hate2.gif
It still works great if you use a made in Japan micro sd.

To sum it up, the new revised SCDS 1 was just a repackaged and cosmetically improved old SCDS 1. I can't recommend this card to anybody anymore, the EZ- flash V and the R4\M3 DS are just better slot 1 solutions.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, I wasn't expecting this to come out. What improvements does it have over the old Supercard 1?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awwwwww What The Fuck. Just got the old SCDSOne in a few weeks ago. The only update better be that the casing looks cooler.

BTW, that movie sucked donkey balls.
dry.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First to review it gets a cookie. I'm pretty sure that this a whole new card and is nothing like the current SCDS(One) as it sucked ****. When R4/M3DSS came out and all those who bought a SCDS(One) were feeling like idiots. Did they ever get DK Racing DS working?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First to review it gets a cookie. I'm pretty sure that this a whole new card and is nothing like the current SCDS(One) as it sucked ****. When R4/M3DSS came out and all those who bought a SCDS(One) were feeling like idiots. Did they ever get DK Racing DS working?

Sounds like you are confused man. Diddy Kong Racing was working on SCDS BEFORE it was working on M3/R4. So you can take that shit to the sewer. I got the old version and it works just fine. But I am kinda pissed that a new one comes along. Like [M]artin said, it had better be just a visual update or else I might be tempted to evaluate the competition.
wtf.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Sounds like you are confused man. Diddy Kong Racing was working on SCDS BEFORE it was working on M3/R4. So you can take that shit to the sewer. I got the old version and it works just fine. But I am kinda pissed that a new one comes along. Like [M]artin said, it had better be just a visual update or else I might be tempted to evaluate the competition.
wtf.gif
How did it work before? The rom came out at the same time for all flash carts.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

wtf.gif
How did it work before? The rom came out at the same time for all flash carts.

Dude, you just killed your original argument with that statement
rofl2.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, he is confused. Supercard Lite (and maybe Rumble or a couple dated Supercard products for the DSPhat, but I'm not completely sure about those) was the flash cart that had problems running DKRDS upon release. Even so, the Supercard team released an update that fixed it about 2 days later.

The "old version" of the SuperCardDSone I have now runs perfectly, don't know what all the complaining is about. Drag and drop a rom onto the MicroSD, stick it into the cart and into the DS and there ya go. Easiest and fastest way to get new games running on your DS. I personally don't know what all the hype surrounding the R4DS is about. Maybe it's the skinnable menus or that shiny sticker that comes on the flash cart, but all I know is I want my flash cart to do one thing: Run Roms and Homebrew as quickly and flawlessly as possible. SupercardDSone fulfills this wish, therefore I am happy.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

wtf.gif

The old DS 1 was just as good as the R4 if you had a japanese micro sd and in my opinion the menu was also better on the supercard DS 1. The main problem with the old DS 1 was that it was picky with the micro sd that you use.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The main problem with SCONE was that it heavily relied on the savetype list.

That really was not a problem to me, because I always used the super mode. If the games didn't work on super mode, I ran them clean and I just pick what type of save it needed. I tried the taiwan cards and that just frustrated me. To me and all of my buyers the problem with the cart was that if you don't get a Japanese micro sd, this cart is one of the worst slot 1 carts. Thankfully I only sold Japanese micro sd cards to my DS 1 buyers, for my R4 buyers I sold them the taiwan cards.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: