New Super Mario Brothers Lag from HDD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tweeder, Nov 14, 2009.

Nov 14, 2009
  1. Tweeder
    OP

Member Tweeder Member

United States
    Is anyone experiencing any lag while playing the game. I burned to DVD, then transfered to HDD through the USB menu. The game just seems a second back, a bit unresponsive. Even the Wiimote sounds seem half a second lagged back.

Am I doing something wrong? Think a straight transfer to HDD would work?

The game is working fine besides that, I repaired/patched it using the proper steps.

2. Gamemaster1379

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There shouldn't be any lag whatsoever. In fact, HDD loading is faster than disc drive loading. If the console is at fault, you'd experience lag on disc drive games before HDD. But in any case, the lag could be from nearly dead batteries in the Wiimote. That tends to disguise itself as lag.

3. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't have any lag. All I did was Force NTSC when I loaded the game, and patch the main.dol with the hex editor instructions.

I seriously don't understand what trouble people are having with this game. It really isn't that hard to run if you just follow the instructions.

4. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    you mean when you use like cover flow and pass bye the game in the gui? Because i noted that right away as well using CFG the game plays fine but there is a lag on the HDD when browsing games as it passes the NSMB entry yep!

5. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    no lags here also. i did not even hex edit the main.dol and it runs perfectly off the hdd through neogamma.

6. Tweeder
    OP

Member Tweeder Member

United States
    I'll try to change the Wiimote Batteries but if I remember correctly, they are pretty fresh. Like I said, it was patched correctly. It boots and stays playing forever. I'm on 2-3 now... So no problems there. I'll try a few things and update the thread. The game just doesn't seem as fluid as every other mario game out there including SMB on DS.

7. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Also no lags!
    Patched the australian version (the first floating around) with the alt.dol by myself. Works fine!