New Super Mario Bros

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ThaDraGun, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010

New Super Mario Bros by ThaDraGun at 1:35 AM (1,180 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ThaDraGun
    OP

Member ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Does anyone know how to get the hint videos that appear in the world 1 castle?

I know you have to buy them with the big coins, but how do you make them available to buy? I'm in World 7 and I have almost all coins and there are still lots of videos that have "??????" and don't let me chose them. There must be something special you have to do to make them appear.

Thanks.

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i think some only appear after you've finished the game once and others appear as you unlock each level of world 9.

3. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    you have to beat the game and collect all the coins including those at world 9 so that you could unlock all hint videos at peach's castle.

4. jazvdb

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I thought you had to die a number of times?

During single player mode, if a player fails a course eight times in a row, a green block appears, allowing a computer-controlled Luigi to show the player a safe path through the level. The player may interrupt the guide at anytime and take control. After Luigi completes it, the player has the option to try the level again, or skip it completely. Luigi will not reveal any Star Coin locations or secret exits.
    - Wikipedia

This is what your talking about right?

5. ThaDraGun
    OP

Member ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Nope, not that. That is a level walkthrough if you suck. Yup, I've had that come up a couple times but thats not what I'm talking about.

In world 1, the very first level (if you call it that), the princess castle.. there are lists of Hint Videos. I just don't know how to make them appear. If I had to beat the game to make them appear then how come some appear and some dont. If that was the case wouldnt there be no videos until I beat it? Also if you had to complete the game and get all the coins wouldnt that defeat the purpose of having the videos? Why would you need a video on how to find a star coin if you already have it.
    Kinda weird if thats the case.

For example
    1-1 super skills is there
    Then ?????
    1-2 Inifinate 1-ups is there
    Then ?????
    1-3 Super Skills is there
    1-castle Super skills is there
    1-5 super skills is there
    2-1 Star Coin is there
    Then ?????
    2-2 Star Coin is there
    2-2 Super Skills is there
    Then ?????
    2-4 Secret Goal is there
    ... and so on. some pages are missing quite a few.

World 1 and 2 and most of the other worlds I have all the coins already.

6. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    yeah you are right. but some hint videos at peach's castle like as far as i remember, even world 1 hints, appeared only after i beat the entire game...you don't even need those stupid videos to beat the game. some of the videos are even too exaggerated to accomplish.