New Super Mario Bros won't work (black screen) though recent IOSes

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Falligrecht, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Falligrecht
    OP

Falligrecht Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello!

I got some problems with my softmodded Wii.
    Backups like of House of Dead and Resident Evil Archives are working without any problem.
    But New Super Mario Bros won't work - there's always just black and I have to reboot the Wii, after the Start screen.
    I have updated the Wii using the ModMii-syscheck method countless times, also I tried cfg_usbloader, wiiflow and USB Loader GX but it won't ever work.

Here's my syscheck log again:

syscheck HD 2.4.0

Also It won't run homebrew like "Secret Maryo Chronicles" or "eDuke32". But all homebrew apps I have tried, yet are working.
    Please help me with this,

Thank you!

:)

Last edited by Falligrecht, Dec 23, 2016
  2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There's no reason I can see why the game wouldn't work with your IOS249. Have to tried downloading another backup of the game from a different source?

Falligrecht likes this.
  3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Backup loader discussion isn't allowed in this subform. Check the stickies. :P

4. Falligrecht
    OP

Falligrecht Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yes, I tried a 2nd backup. But it got the same problem. This is an very old Wii, it got BootMii in boot2 and the old drive. Maybe it is in need for some special IOS configuration because of it's age?
    An alternative I found would be using the UHG-Downloader, but this would downgrade my Wii to 4.1. I don't know if this would make any sense...

Ok then. But what am I supposed to do now? I already have an answer in this thread, so I have to answer here,too. Or could you please move the whole existing thread to the right subforum?

Thank you all!

Last edited by Falligrecht, Dec 23, 2016
  5. Falligrecht
    OP

Falligrecht Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello!

I have now managed to make a working UNEEK installation. Super Mario Bros is working fine now.
    Still I wonder why it doesn't work with genuine NAND.