Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

dsliteboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I have tried to read all of the 205 pages and I am confused !
wacko.gif

I would appreciate a simple yes or no

In all the methods described I think it means, you have to load it through the homebrew channels off sorts

I have an unmodified (software wise) model, with a wiikey. Is there any image that will work yet ?

thanks

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsliteboy said:
wacko.gif

In all the methods described I think it means, you have to load it through the homebrew channels off sorts

I have an unmodified (software wise) model, with a wiikey. Is there any image that will work yet ?

thanks

QUOTE(Magus @ Nov 30 2009, 06:44 PM) dslite - i asked the same thing and got no reply so i assume it's a no?
unsure.gif

Everything you wanna know can be found on the very first page of this thread.
The game can be launched from DVD, USB, SD. Just read the first page.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
we already know this!
the question is "can the game run without installing the HBC?"
there is nothing on the first page about this
the modchip solution all suggest to install uloader,geckoOS or worse yet risk a potential bricking by screwing up with IOS

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Magus said:
dsliteboy said:
wacko.gif

thanks
dslite - i asked the same thing and got no reply so i assume it's a no?
unsure.gif
Yes, that's a no. Since all the patched Images are...uhm..patched, you'll need in any way Homebrew, at least to patch the IOS. The Wii recognizes that the Disc has been modified, and won't play it.

The "cleanest" way would be to patch the IOS, but that's also the most dangerous one. Though, if you succeed, you will have no problems, and you can play it without the need for Homebrew (until the next Update from Ninty). And you only need http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb, which will leave (nearly?) no traces.

So, if you want an clean and easy way:
1) Run DOP-IOS from Bannerbomb
2) Download and Trucha-Patch IOS53
3) Try the fixed Disc (the Wii-nd Release and fix, if you want)
4) If it won't work, download and patch the Systemmenu IOS (that's the dangerous part!)

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh... thanks for the reply,but if i have to install stuff with bannerbomb anyway at that point it wouldn't matter anymore if i'm installing HBC or not
i guess it's either a problem of having more patience or surrender and install HBC...

again as i asked first time i was wondering if there is a way to run homebrew without any installation of sorts in the same way i run the freeloader

kidsat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have NTSC 4.1u wii with wiikey v1.9

I have NSMB working through neogamma 8b15 (through homebrew channel) with patched game (proper).

I would much rather run it directly from the disk channel (easier for the kids).

I have tried to get it working through the disk channel and can not.

When I update the ios53, then go to launch the game through the disk channel, it asks me to update, you update and then you have the new ios53. Then of course the game does not work (through the disk channel). So it is a big circle.

What am I missing here?
Also is there a way to have Neogamma installed as a channel, rather than running it through homebrew?

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok so assuming i want to cave in,i get bannerbomb and place the private folder in my sd card (i have a mini sd adaptor would that be a problem?) also put the boot.elf of the hackmii installer in it and then put the thing on my wii to install the HBC

after that i format my mini sd,put the last neogamma and install it trough the homebrew channel? i don't get that bit about the game working with cios rev15... does that mean i have to install anything else?

i read that if you are chipped you can install the HBC trough DVD but only the older version,would i have any problem if i installed a older version of HBC trough dvd?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
kidsat said:
I have NTSC 4.1u wii with wiikey v1.9

I have NSMB working through neogamma 8b15 (through homebrew channel) with patched game (proper).

I would much rather run it directly from the disk channel (easier for the kids).

I have tried to get it working through the disk channel and can not.

When I update the ios53, then go to launch the game through the disk channel, it asks me to update, you update and then you have the new ios53. Then of course the game does not work (through the disk channel). So it is a big circle.

What am I missing here?
Also is there a way to have Neogamma installed as a channel, rather than running it through homebrew?
Try disabling disc updates. If you have an IOS53 that accepts Trucha-signed discs, you should be fine.

Just because it asks for an update does not mean it will update every little thing. It could be merely referring to updating boot2.

I know there's a NeoGamma channel floating around somewhere...

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i took a leap of faith and installed HBC and tried to run uloader 3.2,it said it needed cios something to run and then my wii crashed... what i have to do? my wii is 3.2e,no stuff installed up to now
unsure.gif

i do have a ciosinstaller paired with the uloader but can i use it safely? do i need a specific version of HBC or can i go installing stuff without worrying?

lvholanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here I used PIMP MY WII to patch my system menu and update my IOS files and trucha patch then, after (also in PIMP MY WII) I downgraded my IOS 15 and I was playing the game without any problems! Without using DOP-IOS!

BTW: Via Disc Channel!

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I've tried running the game (PAL, WiiSOS) with the newest NeoGamma on my 4.1E wii, but it just goes black after awhile. Im trying to install the cIOSrev14 but then I get ERROR ret = 2011. Ive also tried the Ocarina cheats, but then I get SD Card error trying to run Ocarina. Can anyone help please?

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should update the main post to say able to run with the newest Neogamma with the SD patches (wip i think) without having to patch the ISO in any way.
At least that works for me...

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnwchbammer said:
You should update the main post to say able to run with the newest Neogamma with the SD patches (wip i think) without having to patch the ISO in any way.

Yup same method worked for me

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
bnwchbammer said:

Yeah, forgot to mention those, this is what happens to me: when I start Neogamma it says that Im not running on the ios249(which I cant install seemingly) but it starts anyway and Ive set the loader to "search for patches", but when i load the game it says "no patches found" or maybe it was "no patch found" dont remember exactly right now, either way, I still cant get the NSMB game to run properly.

Also, seems like I cannot install any Wad files, I get the ERROR! (ret = -2011) on all wad files. My wii has been modded with a wiikey2 for a long time, but its just now that Ive tried to install wad files. Ive looked around and some say that to stop getting the 2011 error you need to downgrade your system menu, is this the only way? Seems to me people are running homebrew in 4.1 with no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."