Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
capsela said:
Why don't you just wait for the ntsc version to come out?

Because the NTSC version will probably have the same issues as the PAL version.

QUOTE(JonoX @ Nov 14 2009, 07:19 PM) I can't get the disc to show up in my disc channel. Wii is hardmodded with wiinja v1 and I also have cIOS rev15 installed. Is this because my wii is NTSC and I'd have to patch the ISO's region?

Is it a burned disc or a retail disc? You need NeoGamma or another method of disc loading for it to work on hardmodded Wii's, I think. Go look at the first page.

capsela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
capsela said:

QUOTE(JonoX @ Nov 14 2009, 07:19 PM) I can't get the disc to show up in my disc channel. Wii is hardmodded with wiinja v1 and I also have cIOS rev15 installed. Is this because my wii is NTSC and I'd have to patch the ISO's region?

Is it a burned disc or a retail disc? You need NeoGamma or another method of disc loading for it to work on hardmodded Wii's, I think. Go look at the first page.

But, PAL won't display correctly on NTSC wii right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
capsela said:
Guild McCommunist said:
capsela said:

But, PAL won't display correctly on NTSC wii right?

You need to change the video mode, or else it plays in black and white (for backup loaders, at least).

civic2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You need the unpatched version and it should work. There is an unpatched 300mb - 400mb unpatched version out there. Use Gecko and the cheat file to get it to work
smile.gif

I can't find an unpatched version anywhere, could you help me out?

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey
when i try to start nsmbw on configurable usb loader (with an usb stick Fat32)
unpatched

there comes a failure , that i must read the handbook from wii and turn my wii off

the way with the patch, i dont understand
i can not follow the ways, and i dont want to patch the iso

and i want too it to play with my usb stick in fat 32 mode

here are some details from my wii :
cIOS : rev 14 (waninkoko) and hermes rev 4
wii system : 3.2 E
Softmod : YES
Modchip : NO

if anyone knows a solution please tell me

thx
and sorry for my bad english im from germany

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trinity said:
Hey guys, sorry for this extremely noob question, but im a little confused with this.

QUOTE said:
6) Search and modify to 4e 80 00 20 from 0x1ab750 to 0x1ab753 in main.dol and save.

I have extracted the dol file, opened it in a hex editor and found 4e 80 00 20 but I dont understand what this is telling me to do. What do I change those numbers to? and where is 0x1ab750?
blink.gif
I interpret this as "at address location 0x1ab750 through location 0x1ab753 put in 4e 80 00 20". In case you don't know, 0x just means Hex address.

bile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
plug the hard drive in and turn it on or usbloaderGX won't boot

if you have a hard drive to load from, loading from a backup is kind of retarded, its harder to load this game from a backup then an hd, and if you can load from an hd then why waste the time? i dont think that is a viable option.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are still having trouble with this game.... jesus just buy it now. It comes out tomorrow. You can wait at gamestop with me... lol.

I got it working like almost a week ago, using the alt dol method... how hard is this.

Wynd

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you all know, I'll be testing all these supposed methods of loading it from a disc with purely softmods.

I'll use...

- cIOS rev15 (since that's apparently the only one that works)
- uLoader 3.1 (since one guy said that uLoader works with it)
- NeoGamma R8 beta 7 (although there has been apparently NeoGamma errors with rev15, someone said that'll work)

Other specs...

- System Menu 4.0
- DVD-R disc
- The patched .dol iso version (since someone said all patched or unpatched versions will work).

If this doesn't work, you guys owe me a new DVD-R! I've only got two left (counting the one I'll use for this one). Well, we may eventually get a way of loading it from disc, so I'll keep it around even if it doesn't work.

I'll check back when all is said and done.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double posts, but I need to announce whilst bumping the thread to stop the "does it work on disc loaders?" flood.

I'm going to say that cIOS rev15 fixes NSMB Wii for disc loaders... for now. Mind you, I only tested up to 1-2, but most people said the crashes and freezes happen at or after you complete 1-2. I've beaten 1-2 with a disc, purely softmodded, without a single freeze, crash, or DRE. I'll test the game further, maybe playing a stretch of 5 levels to confirm, but I've got some other stuff to do.

Notes on this...

- People say cIOS rev15 won't work with NeoGamma and... I don't know. I used uLoader 3.1 and it booted and played like a charm.
- You can now stop calling Waninkoko a failure. He never was and never will be. This just proves that while there's a small bug with rev15, that it has taken the step of fixing NSMB with softmod disc loaders... apparently.
- NONE OF THIS IS 100% CONFIRMED! If I was lucky and the freezes or stuff kick in later, that may just be it. I would love for someone whose just as reliable as me (I may be somewhat of an ass here but at least I don't talk out of my ass when it involves testing game compatibility) to use the same settings as me and confirm it. If I encounter a freeze or the like later, I'll clear this thread and say "oops, my bad".

I played futher, past the first castle, and still no freezes or anything. I would feel confident saying this method 100% works, I just want more confirmation.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scoobydoo1 said:
I searched, but have found no definitive answer if this works or not. Please help.

I have a Wii with 3.2U, with Wiikey v1 1.9s, no other mods at all (no HBC, nothing). Last "new" game I have is SSBB. I rarely ever play with the system.

I will be buying NSMB as soon as they start selling it, hoping today. Will the original game disc work in my 3.2U Wii with v1 Wiikey? I know it will probably require a system update (4.2?) before it will let me play. Will 4.2 kill my Wiikey?

Thanks for any info.

The original game disc will require a system update. 4.1 is on the disc. It will not "kill" your WiiKey. If you do upgrade to 4.2 via internet connection all you will lose is the WiiKey's ability to boot out of region games. Let the disc update your system to 4.1 and everything will be fine.

Twiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Fun_Zephyr said:
Twiser said:
pinkshirt said:
Twiser said:
Guy's Can someone help me out with this simpel Q i have?

My wife is asking me about 3 days to get this game to work, and i can't (call me noob
tongue.gif
)

I have a WII + Wiikey 1.9 chip firmware 3.4E (no internet on it)

Have the FIX NSMB burned it and wont work...

Dont have hombrew or anything els on it.

when i put Gecko or NeoGamma files on a SD cart (root) and go to my wii channels-> SD it dont read anything.

Can someone please simply explane me if i can get it to work or not, so i can tell my wife ( and i can play MW2 further)

I would thank u allot,

thx

You need the homebrew channel installed to use Gecko or NeoGamma. Bannerbomb your Wii and get it going. Once you have the homebrew channel installed, put geckoos and/or neogamma folders into the apps folder on the SD card and they will launch from there.

You could also follow the steps in the first post and you should be able to launch it right from the disc channel. You probably can't run it now because you are missing the appropriate IOS. It would be trivial to install via DopIOS, but that also requires the homebrew channel.

Good luck.

Ok what i did so far...

Updated wii to 4.2E, installed homebrew channel, all fine, then deleted all on sd cart.

Put Gecko and NeoGamma on it, when i use Neo and put NSMB in (fix version) it craches my wii -> black screen...

With Gecko 1.9 i can go in menu but when u launche disk, it hangs and says "setting up drive, reading stats... thats all...

What i am doing wrong? my wife is killing me for this game
frown.gif

Is there something i need to do? put on sd or instal ?

Thx in advance

You need the unpatched version and it should work. There is an unpatched 300mb - 400mb unpatched version out there. Use Gecko and the cheat file to get it to work
smile.gif

Thx for the reply, gone lookit up and try let it know how it works out
smile.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lazycus said:
scoobydoo1 said:
I searched, but have found no definitive answer if this works or not. Please help.

I have a Wii with 3.2U, with Wiikey v1 1.9s, no other mods at all (no HBC, nothing). Last "new" game I have is SSBB. I rarely ever play with the system.

I will be buying NSMB as soon as they start selling it, hoping today. Will the original game disc work in my 3.2U Wii with v1 Wiikey? I know it will probably require a system update (4.2?) before it will let me play. Will 4.2 kill my Wiikey?

Thanks for any info.

The original game disc will require a system update. 4.1 is on the disc. It will not "kill" your WiiKey. If you do upgrade to 4.2 via internet connection all you will lose is the WiiKey's ability to boot out of region games. Let the disc update your system to 4.1 and everything will be fine.
If you're already at 4.1 and you play an untouched ISO, will you still have to update? Safe to do so on a softmod?

TTom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Sorry for the double posts, but I need to announce whilst bumping the thread to stop the "does it work on disc loaders?" flood.

I'm going to say that cIOS rev15 fixes NSMB Wii for disc loaders... for now. Mind you, I only tested up to 1-2, but most people said the crashes and freezes happen at or after you complete 1-2. I've beaten 1-2 with a disc, purely softmodded, without a single freeze, crash, or DRE. I'll test the game further, maybe playing a stretch of 5 levels to confirm, but I've got some other stuff to do.

Notes on this...

- People say cIOS rev15 won't work with NeoGamma and... I don't know. I used uLoader 3.1 and it booted and played like a charm.
- You can now stop calling Waninkoko a failure. He never was and never will be. This just proves that while there's a small bug with rev15, that it has taken the step of fixing NSMB with softmod disc loaders... apparently.
- NONE OF THIS IS 100% CONFIRMED! If I was lucky and the freezes or stuff kick in later, that may just be it. I would love for someone whose just as reliable as me (I may be somewhat of an ass here but at least I don't talk out of my ass when it involves testing game compatibility) to use the same settings as me and confirm it. If I encounter a freeze or the like later, I'll clear this thread and say "oops, my bad".

I played futher, past the first castle, and still no freezes or anything. I would feel confident saying this method 100% works, I just want more confirmation.

Just tried this method and working perfectly for me too on uLoader 3.1 with a DVD-R, before this i was trying with neogamma and only got a green screen.
biggrin.gif

scoobydoo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
scoobydoo1 said:

Thanks for any info.

Thank you very much for your reply
bow.gif
Now I won't feel like defusing a bomb when I insert that disc in my dusty Wii
yay.gif

Now if only somebody will sell me the game *today*
hate2.gif
Big N must be watching tightly, no one will break the street date.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
steveo581 said:
Does it matter if the wii is 3.2 or 4.2 when using nsmb with uloader 3.1?

also, where can i download uloader 3.1?

Nahh.. firmware doesnt matter. Google is your friend
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1