New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Blue-K Nov 8, 2009.

1. Zerrix

Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 11, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Earth
    f*cking lie, it does work on geckoos using the cheat and the ocarina function on.

2. Twiser

Twiser Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2007
    Belgium
    Thx for reply,

I just checked wiibrew, read some lines, seems i need another sd cart bigger ther 256mb to run it.

Also i found a "Hack Your Wii in 7 minutes" youtube movie and instructions, seems when i can go online with Wii

It dl all the files and firmware 4.0 thats works great with all the stuf?

So i would get me a wifi stick, bigger SD and instal the Wii hack tomorro [​IMG]

And yeah now i got an excuse and can play some Mw2 [​IMG]

Thx i keep posted

3. xdeadxpoolx

xdeadxpoolx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2008
    United States

lol, before you go accusing others of lying, why dont you read the first 40 pages... This was posted BEFORE the code was developed.... ass.

4. mooseknuckle2000

mooseknuckle2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
  5. sak50

sak50 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2009
    United States
    this thread should be closed at someone should put a simple how to sticky up. 118 pages and counting

6. mooseknuckle2000

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    am I the only one who's had a save file get corrupted even after applying the patch??? I've started the game over again and have been backing up my save file to SD every so often just incase, but it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about it at all...

7. paulttt

paulttt GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2008

This is simply not true, not from my experience. Have played through to world 6-1 so far without any issues what so ever. Unless that is preloader and bootmii are having some kind of unintentional effect.

8. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2009
    swindon
    or you downloaded a pre patched ISO!

9. Yarko

Yarko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2007
    Canada
    Wait, does this work for non-pal users? Cause I get a green screen when trying to launch with neogamma...

10. pinkshirt

pinkshirt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2007
    United States
    You need the homebrew channel installed to use Gecko or NeoGamma. Bannerbomb your Wii and get it going. Once you have the homebrew channel installed, put geckoos and/or neogamma folders into the apps folder on the SD card and they will launch from there.

You could also follow the steps in the first post and you should be able to launch it right from the disc channel. You probably can't run it now because you are missing the appropriate IOS. It would be trivial to install via DopIOS, but that also requires the homebrew channel.

Good luck.

11. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    I'm not trawling through this thread looking for answers, so can someone just tell me what I need to get (file name or something) for my Wiikey v1 4.0E Wii? I have the HBC and everything so...yeah. What do I do?

12. mooseknuckle2000

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    you read the first post [​IMG]
    Seriously. I have a Wiikey in my Wii, but it is so worth buying a USB HDD if you don't have one already. For those of you who say you want a "clean" experience, you will find it so much nicer to have everything on a HDD that you can browse easily on the beautiful Wiiflow app instead of packing around a folder full of burnt discs and always getting up and swapping them, etc. Just do it already!

13. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    I don't have enough money for that. So [​IMG] to you too. ^^

Thanks anyway...

14. mooseknuckle2000

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    if you're only looking to boot this game, then just mount it on an SD card or a small thumb drive. Surely you can come up with one of those [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Smashchu

Smashchu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    Hey, I have a few questions concerning the game. I plan on buying it, but I have a hacked Wii, so here are my questions.

1)Is the update with the game 4.1 or 4.2?
    2)If it is 4.1, and I update me Wii via homebrew, can I get the update the game has with no trouble, or could it still mess up my Wii?
    3)Can I use the Backup Launcher to load the game without a forced update?
    4)Any thing else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

16. Yarko

Yarko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2007
    Canada
    I still don't get why I'm getting a green screen with neogamma... I turned on anti 002 fix and forced it on "Wii". Am I doing something wrong?

17. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    yes youre trying something that doesnt work, of course youre doing something wrong

18. technom8t

technom8t GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2009
    Scotland, UK
    i just managed to boot NSMB via disc using Neogama r8 beta 7

my method did require that i use 2 discs, but im working on it as we speak......

p.s Cioscorp still doesnt work.

19. TrainerAbu

TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    United States
    Do you have a modchip? :3

20. technom8t

technom8t GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2009
    Scotland, UK
    no modchips at all, only softmod here.....

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted