Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow there are a lot of pages on this topic, too many to read through so I will just ask. I am trying to get the PAL version running on my NTSC Wii with USB Loader GX. I get "an error has occured, please remove disc and shut off the wii" There is no Disc in the drive. Help please.

Bilbotorm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Fun_Zephyr said:
hdhacker said:
ckylesworld1 said:
I have a mod chip (d2pro9) and tried the scrubbed iso on dvd and it didnt work. Next step I guess is to burn the patched version on dvd and try it

I have the same modchip. I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question:

Can I play a 1:1 non-modified in any way copy of the game burned to DVD? If not, why not?

The piracy protection in the game prevents you being able to play a 1:1 copy unmodified straight from the disc channel. You can start the game and play for about 5min before it crashes out if you are using a 1:1 copy.

The way I got it to work was Installed the HBC via bannerbomb for v4.2 (as I am on system menu 4.2) - Easy install and takes a few min. Then download Gecko, place it in the apps folder on the SD card, place cheat file from page 1 on SD card in codes folder.

Start HBC, Start Gecko - with unmodified game disc in disc drive, start the game from Gecko menu (ensure Cheats are active in options)

I have a System Menu 4.2 Wii with no other soft mods installed and the HBC and WiiKey v2. I upgraded to System Menu 4.2 via Nintendo WiiFii like ALL my updates.

Can we; with a modchip; and a 4.2 wii with normal cIOS; nothing modified; just a modchip; run the game? I guess no; as you say a 1:1 copy is not working; but if we use a patched iso; according to page 1; will it work; or do we have to still load the HBC etc... ?

Thanks =)

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i can tell with my personal experience that to me it gives an error when booting making that a "no it can't boot"
some people also says they get a green screen instead,someone said he was able to run it with yaosm but he has not given any detail

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bilbotorm said:
Fun_Zephyr said:
hdhacker said:
ckylesworld1 said:
I have a mod chip (d2pro9) and tried the scrubbed iso on dvd and it didnt work. Next step I guess is to burn the patched version on dvd and try it

I have the same modchip. I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question:

Can I play a 1:1 non-modified in any way copy of the game burned to DVD? If not, why not?

The piracy protection in the game prevents you being able to play a 1:1 copy unmodified straight from the disc channel. You can start the game and play for about 5min before it crashes out if you are using a 1:1 copy.

The way I got it to work was Installed the HBC via bannerbomb for v4.2 (as I am on system menu 4.2) - Easy install and takes a few min. Then download Gecko, place it in the apps folder on the SD card, place cheat file from page 1 on SD card in codes folder.

Start HBC, Start Gecko - with unmodified game disc in disc drive, start the game from Gecko menu (ensure Cheats are active in options)

I have a System Menu 4.2 Wii with no other soft mods installed and the HBC and WiiKey v2. I upgraded to System Menu 4.2 via Nintendo WiiFii like ALL my updates.

Can we; with a modchip; and a 4.2 wii with normal cIOS; nothing modified; just a modchip; run the game? I guess no; as you say a 1:1 copy is not working; but if we use a patched iso; according to page 1; will it work; or do we have to still load the HBC etc... ?

Thanks =)
no because after patching the iso it wont be signed by nintendo anymore so it wont run the game at all without a modified IOS there is no way to get it to run without softmoding your wii in some way

Bilbotorm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hum ok got it; thanks for the clear input
smile.gif

Interesting move from Nintendo ; and i guess modchip with their "stealth" argument can all get back to sleep ^^

electrico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Bilbotorm said:
Hum ok got it; thanks for the clear input
smile.gif

Interesting move from Nintendo ; and i guess modchip with their "stealth" argument can all get back to sleep ^^

Exactly!. Unfortunately..
And almost a week have passed and no one succed to break the new copy protection for modchips
and modchip teams have no updates for their products. It was clearly a smart move from N because after the wii price cut
the people that didn't have wii bought one because of the price , some of them planing to modchip it
and then nintendo drop the bomb.
I am curious if the original copy will play in a hardmoded wii without a problem.
if someone know ......

And something else. I believe that the protection is the dvd itself not at the code structure of the game because none of the new games have the same problem.
So nintendo is creating "special" dvds for themselves.??

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Magus said:
has anyone here tried to boot the game with an unpatched copy and then switch to a patched copy mid-game and see what happens?

Yes this has been tried. They talked about it on the first massively slowdown-gbatemp topic
smile.gif

It didn't work.

Bilbotorm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
electrico said:
And something else. I believe that the protection is the dvd itself not at the code structure of the game because none of the new games have the same problem.

Very good point

are original copies working like a charm on a modded wii ? if not; this is going to be a very big problem for me next friday
frown.gif
-

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Bilbotorm said:
electrico said:

Very good point

are original copies working like a charm on a modded wii ? if not; this is going to be a very big problem for me next friday
frown.gif
-

Whats up next friday?

electrico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
G0dLiKe said:
Bilbotorm said:
electrico said:

Very good point

frown.gif
-

Whats up next friday?

The official release of the game

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HellFireXS said:
Wow there are a lot of pages on this topic, too many to read through so I will just ask. I am trying to get the PAL version running on my NTSC Wii with USB Loader GX. I get "an error has occured, please remove disc and shut off the wii" There is no Disc in the drive. Help please.

patch that shiz!!

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has already been confirmed. I have the patched ISO and can play straight from the disc channel on Pal 4.1 with wiikey. To the best of my knowledge I haven't installed any IOS but could be wrong. Can post video proof if you like.

Sorry if this is old news, or already confirmed, just didn't want to sift through 100+ pages.

electrico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Bilbotorm said:
linuxares said:
It´s already offically released. In Australia!

And do we know if the original game runs fine on a modded wii ?

That's an important thing to know.. can somebody confirm that the original nsmb play ok to a hardmod wii (no softmod HBC) ,modchips like
wiikey wiid cyclowiz etc.Looking forward for an answer because this haven't discussed in this big thread and i think many of us will stop to worry if
the answer is positive. And if this copy protection is just for the AAA titles of nintendo then i will buy them because there are not a lot of them (mario galaxy 2,metroid other m, zelda)

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
paulttt said:
Sorry if this has already been confirmed. I have the patched ISO and can play straight from the disc channel on Pal 4.1 with wiikey. To the best of my knowledge I haven't installed any IOS but could be wrong. Can post video proof if you like.

Sorry if this is old news, or already confirmed, just didn't want to sift through 100+ pages.
Same here, ive used Any Region Changer to downgrade to 3.2 even updated my wii to 4.2 through the wii menu and the game still worked without any custom ios's through the Disk Channel. My modchip is the yaosm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small