Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

D

Deleted-188346

Jaz808 said:
Puppy Washer you need to install Custom IOS (cios) anything higher than Rev9 works with usb loaders
I'm a bit of a n00b though, can you provide some simple instructions on how to install this cios?
Thanks!

Trillhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey guys i think a found somehting, I did not tested it but somppl say it works.
I REPEAT I DID NOT TESTED THIS cus i dont have the gaem yet
tongue.gif

Its a google translation but i think its understandable well here it is .

The method "A" seems to be the less complicated

A: Neogamma R8

1. TYPICAL NEED NeoGame R8 CIOS 249 REV 14
2. DOWNLOAD THIS GAME COMES IN AS IS AS THE FIRST PAGE
3. USE OF AT LEAST A 1GB USB
3. DOWNLOAD THE WBFSManager2.5-x86
4. FORMAT YOUR USB (NOTE NOT format your hard disk!)
5. PASS THE COMPUTER AT ISO USB WITH MANAGER WBFS
6. Running in NeoGame FORCED TO ONLY if you have 480i NTSC console
test in the 2 usb ports on the wii

Tested and working 100%

B: Neogamma R8 (Special Settings)

NTSC Wii
Firmware 3.2 U
CIOS Rev. 14
WiiFlow 1.1
All I did was:
-Forcing to NTSC
-Putting Spanish
-Error 002 fix

Tested and working at 70%

C: GX USB Loader

INSTRUCTIONS
1 .- Copy the contents of the download to the SD.
2 .- Start HomeBrew Channel.
3 .- Install all CIOs (REV10, rev12, rev14 and rev13b).
3.1 .- Choose cIOS36 REV10 Installer and launch it.
3.2 .- Choose "Network Installation" by pressing right with the slider.
3.2 .- Press "A" and wait for it to install.

4 .- Repeat steps 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 with the cIOS38 rev12, 13b and 14.
5 .- We started the WAD Manager v1.5 by HomeBrew Channel.
6 .- press A, choose "IOS249" and press A, now select "Disabled" and re-press A. We choose "Wii SD Slot" and press A again. Now put "USB Loader GX.wad, press A and wait for it to install.
7 .- Let the Wii menu and start the channel GX USB Loader (installed in step 7.).
8 .- Press the button on the bottom right where you get two "nuts" and we'll
> GUI Setings> Language> and click on the USB Loader will spanish.Asi
GX in Spanish.
9 .- Now let's Sound> Background music and select "music.ogg. So we will have a background music.
10 .- YA ESTA! We already have the USB Loader GX in Spanish and music.

Unaudited

These three methods are.

Well hope it was usefull information ^^

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puppy Washer
Download that zip file, extract it and put the folder into the apps folder on a sd card, you can download the .wad file with nsud, or choose network install, (internet required)
Go to Homebrew channel look for cios 38 rev 14 and load it, following the instructions from there

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
BenieUK said:
So for us mod-chip users to use an un-patched version of this game is it just a case of waiting for an update to be released for our chips? or is it going to be a bigger task to get it to run on discs with hard-mod ?

Thanks

Yea, that's my question too!
frown.gif

D

Deleted-188346

Jaz808 said:
Puppy Washer
Download that zip file, extract it and put the folder into the apps folder on a sd card, you can download the .wad file with nsud, or choose network install, (internet required)
Go to Homebrew channel look for cios 38 rev 14 and load it, following the instructions from there
I just did that, did the network update, and NeoGamma still tells me that there is no cIOS installed, and it won't run the game.
Thanks so much for the all the help so far!
Just need a little more! =]

How to I make NeoGamma recognise the cIOS update?
Or, could you provide more details on making the cIOS update work? I may have done something wrong...

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
Jaz808 said:
Puppy Washer
I just did that, did the network update, and NeoGamma still tells me that there is no cIOS installed, and it won't run the game.

Or, could you provide more details on making the cIOS update work? I may have done something wrong...

Easy, your cIOS instalation isnt finished/completed.
Did you Launched the cIOSrev14 installer?
Did you see the messages of sucess?
no Error=-1 messages?
Network instalation?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BenieUK said:
So for us mod-chip users to use an un-patched version of this game is it just a case of waiting for an update to be released for our chips? or is it going to be a bigger task to get it to run on discs with hard-mod ?

Thanks

Just install cIOSrev14 and run the game with latest NeoGamma. If you get 001 error then, you are more or less out of luck anyways. The 001 error was changed now, so the old main.dol patches for it won't work anymore. The sooner or later you will need a modchip that is 001 capable then, or switch to usb loading.

D

Deleted-188346

Pakatus said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Jaz808 said:
Puppy Washer

no Error=-1 messages?
Network instalation?
At the 2nd last message when using the Custom IOS Installer it says ">> Install ERROR! (ret = -2011)" under "Installing Custom IOS". So, I downloaded the WAD file instead of using the Network Update. Got the same error.

What should I do?

Santana187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Setup: Pal Wii 4.1 E, Wiikey V1

I get an error as soon as i put in the gamedisc (fixed main.dol).
The error pops up before I even start the game.

I have the same problem with fixed US Games (US no more heroes uncut with Pal Fix). Games which are not fixed run perfectly.

Can i fix this problem or should I burn the version without the fix and run the game with neogamma ?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
Pakatus said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Jaz808 said:
Puppy Washer

no Error=-1 messages?
Network instalation?
At the 2nd last message when using the Custom IOS Installer it says ">> Install ERROR! (ret = -2011)" under "Installing Custom IOS". So, I downloaded the WAD file instead of using the Network Update. Got the same error.

What should I do?

Start reading http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249

xarts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Puppy_Washer said:
Pakatus said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Jaz808 said:
Puppy Washer

no Error=-1 messages?
Network instalation?

What should I do?
Maybe you dont have enough free space on wii?

Troutman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally think a step by step guide to doing this would be helpful. As a hardmod user with no experience of the softmod procedures it seems after reading all this thread very very daunting. Not many people are saying the same thing and all have varying methods to get the game working.

I believe that is because there are far too many variables here, different regions, different firmwares, different versions of the game, different usb loaders.

No one has really put down a step by step guide for someone who has say an 'out of the box' wii. Maybe if they did this thread would be only half the size if not smaller. People seem to assume you can manage to say step 5 and take you from there. People assume you have the right cISO on your wii for instance and do not mention you need to have this before you start. For a softmod n00b it is very confusing and quite daunting.

I hope someone can write a step by step guide for a 'clean' Wii soon.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Troutman said:
I personally think a step by step guide to doing this would be helpful. As a hardmod user with no experience of the softmod procedures it seems after reading all this thread very very daunting. Not many people are saying the same thing and all have varying methods to get the game working.

I believe that is because there are far too many variables here, different regions, different firmwares, different versions of the game, different usb loaders.

No one has really put down a step by step guide for someone who has say an 'out of the box' wii. Maybe if they did this thread would be only half the size if not smaller. People seem to assume you can manage to say step 5 and take you from there. People assume you have the right cISO on your wii for instance and do not mention you need to have this before you start. For a softmod n00b it is very confusing and quite daunting.

I hope someone can write a step by step guide for a 'clean' Wii soon.

There are many tut's to sofmod wii...just ppl are too lazy to look in the search button or even try to look for themselves...even in the sticky threads.
But, i'll give you a hint.

My fav Tut http://gwht.wikidot.com/

Troutman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
There are many tut's to sofmod wii...just ppl are too lazy to look in the search button or even try to look for themselves...even in the sticky threads.
But, i'll give you a hint.

My fav Tut http://gwht.wikidot.com/

I totally understand your sentiments, however for me I have gone through all the required tutorials mentioned in your link and others that are stickied and still no joy. Still get a blank screen. Maybe time to give up and wait for a hardmod version..... however I will be buying the game so I think that will 'arrive' first
wink.gif

jbgin12

Trophies
XP
Country
PrincessPeach said:
Here some screenshots of the border problem.

The others with the same issue, what is your screen settings, are you using component, RGB or composit, and 50 or 60Hz or even HD/EDTV?

12858_167137613518_680863518_2841415_865880_n.jpg
12858_167137998518_680863518_2841417_3574089_n.jpg
12858_167138263518_680863518_2841418_190122_n.jpg
12858_167138488518_680863518_2841419_718745_n.jpg

The last time I had this problem was with a Japanese Copy of Wario Land Shake run in PAL50.

I have the same issue but i have a 4:3 CRT TV. Wii Pal ( 4:3 mode, 60 Hz) + RGB cable. Anyone else with a 4:3 Tv and this problem? Or NSMB supports only 16:9 mode for fullscreen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup