Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiikey 1 loaded with latest neogamma beta and works perfectly. Played for 2 hours, best damn game ever
biggrin.gif

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
m45 said:
I try fix, and this work
smile.gif
, but a game have a sound bugs, its normal?

i have

4.2E + cIOSCORP v3.5 + cIOS249 rev14 + neogamma last release.

Ths all.

Did you change just the one value of 94 21 ff d0 or did you search and replace all?

If all then you need to redo the patch to only do the one change at 1ab750.

blalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
phaser_burn said:
On menu 4.0 and getting a green screen when I try to load it. on cIOS38v14 any tips?
I'm getting the same thing. Haven't tried patching IOS53 yet though. Using the latest Neogamma

Posts merged

QUOTE(phaser_burn @ Nov 9 2009, 03:18 PM) On menu 4.0 and getting a green screen when I try to load it. on cIOS38v14 any tips?
I'm getting the same thing. Haven't tried patching IOS53 yet though. Using the latest Neogamma

You must have either a 512MB SD card or memory stick lying around somewhere, format it with WBFS Manager and put the iso on (yes, it fits) and load it up with either usb loader gx or neogamma, et voila
smile.gif

battlebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I've got a question to which I havent seen a clear answer:
I've got a hardmodded wii (argon chip) using the latest nintendo update (4.2). In the sticky at the start of this topic it says i only have to install neogamma to make the game work. How exactly do i do this? In some tutorials it says i have to softmod my wii first but i didn't read anything about this in the sticky. Can i just put neogamma on an sdcard, put it in my wii and thats it or is more action required? I dont want to damage my wii and i still want to be able to play my old backups. I dont know what consequences neogamma have for the wii, what does it change to my system?

Thanks for answering my questions!

Bas

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
blalala said:
You must have either a 512MB SD card or memory stick lying around somewhere, format it with WBFS Manager and put the iso on (yes, it fits) and load it up with either usb loader gx or neogamma, et voila
smile.gif
I tried with an SD card and Neogamma, still got a green screen + reset, and I used both the patched and unpatched ISOs.

Whats85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
battlebas said:
Hallo,

Ik heb een vraag waar ik nergens een eenduidig antwoord op heb kunnen vinden:
Ik heb een hardmod wii (argon chip) met de laatste update van nintendo (4.2). In de sticky aan het begin van het topic staat dat je voor hardmods alleen neogamma moet gebruiken. Mijn vraag is hoe moet dat precies? In sommige tutorials zie ik namelijk dat je de wii eerst moet softmodden maar daar lees ik niks over in de sticky. Kan ik gewoon dat neogamma op een sdkaartje zetten, het in de wii stoppen en klaar of komt er meer bij kijken? Ikj wil mijn wii niet beschadigen en mijn andere backups nog steeds kunnen spelen. Ik weet niet wat de gevolgen voor de wii zijn bij het installeren van neogamma, wat wordt er allemaal veranderd?

Vast bedankt voor een antwoord!

Bas

I've seen Dutch post in horrible English but just in plain Dutch is a first for me. Dude this is an English spoken forum.

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
i couldn't select any of the worlds to play untill i unpluged my wii motion plus, it was interfearing with it in some way, anyone else have this issue on world 1?

Adam311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blalala said:
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
phaser_burn said:
On menu 4.0 and getting a green screen when I try to load it. on cIOS38v14 any tips?

Posts merged

QUOTE(phaser_burn @ Nov 9 2009, 03:18 PM) On menu 4.0 and getting a green screen when I try to load it. on cIOS38v14 any tips?

smile.gif

How does the ISO fit on that? isnt it the size of a DVD

battlebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whats85 said:
battlebas said:
Hallo,

Ik heb een vraag waar ik nergens een eenduidig antwoord op heb kunnen vinden:
Ik heb een hardmod wii (argon chip) met de laatste update van nintendo (4.2). In de sticky aan het begin van het topic staat dat je voor hardmods alleen neogamma moet gebruiken. Mijn vraag is hoe moet dat precies? In sommige tutorials zie ik namelijk dat je de wii eerst moet softmodden maar daar lees ik niks over in de sticky. Kan ik gewoon dat neogamma op een sdkaartje zetten, het in de wii stoppen en klaar of komt er meer bij kijken? Ikj wil mijn wii niet beschadigen en mijn andere backups nog steeds kunnen spelen. Ik weet niet wat de gevolgen voor de wii zijn bij het installeren van neogamma, wat wordt er allemaal veranderd?

Vast bedankt voor een antwoord!

Bas

I've seen Dutch post in horrible English but just in plain Dutch is a first for me. Dude this is an English spoken forum.

Lol, yeah sorry about that. I submitted before I realized what I was doing
tongue.gif
. Edited the post, this never happened *Uses MIB Flash thingy*
wink.gif

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
Adam311 said:
blalala said:
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
phaser_burn said:

Posts merged

smile.gif

The ISO gets trimmed before being put on the drive. NSMBWii is only 380ish mb

wdowell84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working!! If you have an sd card lying around and a usb card reader, then just format the sd card to wbfs. Just google wbfs and click on the first link, then download the program, and format the card. Then add mario, take the card out, and put the usb card reader into the wii and load through neogamma. Just change it to load from usb, and wbfs, press A to mount it. Then just change the region settings to english, and ntsc 480i and it works perfectly!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WORKING

CFG USB Loader
Wanin's cIOS_r9
alt.dol trick

(now useless cause Oggzee applied the patch on the loader and the alt.dol is not needed anymore
laugh.gif
)

dingl3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You must have either a 512MB SD card or memory stick lying around somewhere, format it with WBFS Manager and put the iso one (yes, it fits) and load it up with either usb loader gx or neogamma, et voila

Thankyou so much i was under the inpression i would need a mem stick over 4 gig i was gunna buy one tommorow i have never loaded games via usb before but now i have ill do all my games this way saves disks and saves size.

Once again thankyou been at this 3 days trying to get to load from disc i can sleep easy now cant play tonight partner already shitty with me i been at it this long lol

Adam311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

[/quote]

[/quote]
The ISO gets trimmed before being put on the drive. NSMBWii is only 380ish mb
[/quote]

What do I use to trim it or what do I use to get it on there.
Im a noob to using USB, but I really wanna try this game out quick.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dingl3 said:
QUOTE said:
You must have either a 512MB SD card or memory stick lying around somewhere, format it with WBFS Manager and put the iso one (yes, it fits) and load it up with either usb loader gx or neogamma, et voila

Thankyou so much i was under the inpression i would need a mem stick over 4 gig i was gunna buy one tommorow i have never loaded games via usb before but now i have ill do all my games this way saves disks and saves size.

Once again thankyou been at this 3 days trying to get to load from disc i can sleep easy now cant play tonight partner already shitty with me i been at it this long lol

partners just don't understand the importance sometimes.

@adam311: use a wbfs manager to put the iso onto the card, it will remove the empty space leaving you with a 400mb file on your card.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
i couldn't select any of the worlds to play untill i unpluged my wii motion plus, it was interfearing with it in some way, anyone else have this issue on world 1?

I played all the way to the 2nd castle on world 1 with my motion+ attached, then I had to leave and go to work, but no problems after an hour of playing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: