New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Blue-K, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Ryufushichou

Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Mar 29, 2008
    Raimon Junior High
    hmm maybe i should take a look at the code in the ISO. ill think about it.

- VV

2. elektrixxx

elektrixxx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    What exactly causes it to say "False"?

3. warmijwilfaain

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    Mate, as much as you wanna help, there have been people who are much more experienced at this kind of thing than you, and they've been trying for a lot longer than you have, I doubt you'll have success where they've failed.

4. ArangeL

ArangeL Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2006
    SPAIN - Seville
    Ok, we'll do a simple test

REQ:
    You need a original copy and a backup from NSMBWii; and a ModChip.

INST:
    Insert your backup and play until the ERROR's SCREEN.
    Later, in the error message, insert your original disc.

RES:
    If you can play with your original again, do the same "INST" (insert Backup and later, in the error message insert your original disc).

Ok, and now?:
    This a simple error in modchips. Only retreive the sign ONE TIME when the driver send "New disc inserted". To bypass this NEW PROTECTION (if exists). We must editt the modchip to check all time the sign.

How?
    I don't like to share the solutions with a litle of works (and because I haven't tested really it, becase I haven't a original NSMBWii) [​IMG], but I can help you a litle.
    Get YaOSM. Search routine that patch the correct sign. Insert a "Goto" (loop). Finished. xD.
    But this is a untidy patch, when you play NSMBWii you can't insert any other backup without cut the power and power on again the Wii. Of course you can make a better solutions with the modchips, a simple options that make a loop reading for sign and later do a patch.

Why?
    #368 is the only one that thinks before post, and yes, his post is correct. The game call to the driver to check the disc when all the data stream is off (see IOS documentation, and check with Dolphin Debug).

Are you sure about it?
    No, I can't check in my own Wii because I haven't an original NSMBW disc. Wait to one person that can check this.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you must be the only 1 in the world who bought this game LOL! i'm getting it in 3 days if it's not cracked fuck it. whats it feel like to be the very 1st on earth to own this owever i think you did get ripped off this is only $89 anywhere else [​IMG]

6. razdor

razdor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2009
    Iceland
    Put some money where your mouth is and buy the game, you don't wanna buy it right? then let me try it and if you can't help me then don't. im here for trying to solve it, i just don't have the right tool, if anyone can give me the right tool i might be able to hack it, Experince? I have hacked some programs lately but not wii games, maybe ill have beginners luck ha?

7. Social0

Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2007
    Belgium
    I would buy it if I could already find it in the stores [​IMG]

8. warmijwilfaain

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    Well for the buying game thing, I've already preordered, was only 33 GBP from Amazon... And lol, program hacking =/= Wii game hacking xD Just leave it to the professionals, they'll come up with something.

9. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Speculation and simple tests take us nowhere. If there isn't someone on here with a USBGecko, and a vast knowledge of disassembling, there's nothing much to do.

From the looks of it, it probably needs some addresses to be poked in RAM, or a timer to get freezed.

10. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    holy fuck their selling it on ebay and it's IN stock!!

11. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    @Arangel

When you get the error inserting any disc does nothing, you have to power down.
    The Wiimote powers off and the reset button also does nothing

12. Ryufushichou

Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Mar 29, 2008
    Raimon Junior High
    Sorry, my stuffs hand programmed and i dont like sharing it, i dont know of any programs other people use.

- VV

13. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
  14. razdor

razdor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2009
    Iceland
    Warm im not trying to argue with you, im just exhausted how Nintendo are every time trying some things to disallow piracy, but they never succeed, it just takes more time to people to hack their protection, i mean, we already purchased the console, why don't you leave us alone? ^^

15. taktularCBo

taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2009
    France
    wow, still no one has a clue how to by-pass this protection? Big N is better than I though!

16. gbasource

gbasource GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2003
    West Midlands
    Anyone checked waninkokos irc channel to see if he changed the topic? Could someone also give me the link for the irc channel? Ive been looking for it everywhere.

17. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it's a lot trickier to hack software than hardware

18. rizzod

rizzod Not a New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    No there is no fix yet. But i did get word from first party source.. that waninkoko is looking into it

19. razdor

razdor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2009
    Iceland
    Im kinda sure he left Wii hacking to other people no? didn't he said it on his blog?

20. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    nvm, delete

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted