Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Did anybody discuss the scrubbed size? Didn't get a chance to trawl through the other threads to find out. I mean this game is supposed to be so huge yet it scrubs to 380meg(ish). Surely this can't be right?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
PainToad said:
DDJM said:
PainToad said:
DDJM said:
P.S. And this is for everyone: even if you download the cracked version, please buy this game and support Nintendo because they really deserve it! We want more games like this, this is the old style Mario we've been waiting on console since 15 years (about me I'll buy it on day one)!
GTFO. No one asked for your opinion on piracy.

So sad... there are really too many kids on this forum ready to flame everyone... This is a forum and everyone is free to say his opinion. But you're just flaming now. I'm not going to answer you, I already reported your post to moderators and they know what to do.
Your the one who took the thread off topic and was clearly trolling.
You clearly don't know what trolling is you fucking moron. His opinion was hardly controversial and obviously was not done to provoke negative responses.

AGREED!

However i really do suggest people to BUY this game if they can, it's well worth it like he says.
I just want to see it cracked for shits and giggles

D

Deleted User

Me too, but I have to wait till the 20th till I can play it so I want it cracked so I can play it earlier
tongue.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Did anybody discuss the scrubbed size? Didn't get a chance to trawl through the other threads to find out. I mean this game is supposed to be so huge yet it scrubs to 380meg(ish). Surely this can't be right?

This is 100 percent correct.

ALSO what makes you think its huge, think about it.

2D backgrounds, MIDI Music, Small 3D characters that wouldnt be many polys. theres no reason for it to be bigger than a N64 game in size.

And it isnt that huge at all

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
PainToad said:
DDJM said:
PainToad said:
DDJM said:
P.S. And this is for everyone: even if you download the cracked version, please buy this game and support Nintendo because they really deserve it! We want more games like this, this is the old style Mario we've been waiting on console since 15 years (about me I'll buy it on day one)!
GTFO. No one asked for your opinion on piracy.

So sad... there are really too many kids on this forum ready to flame everyone... This is a forum and everyone is free to say his opinion. But you're just flaming now. I'm not going to answer you, I already reported your post to moderators and they know what to do.
Your the one who took the thread off topic and was clearly trolling.
You clearly don't know what trolling is you fucking moron. His opinion was hardly controversial and obviously was not done to provoke negative responses.
It has zero relevance, telling people not to pirate on a scene site clearly IS controversial. And you having a go at me for apparently trolling, by calling me a "fucken moron", ironic much.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Geez this topic is annoying *scratches head* maybe if you stop whining and i mean ALL of you, the hackers could get this done faster! i have friends that work for EB and they gave me my copy today after i paid for it of course. and id like to have a backup copy of it (as id rather have my little sisters scratch a backup than an official copy) but im not complaining, i refuse to open my copy until i can back it up, no matter how much i want too. tide yourselves over by going retro and getting back to basics and remembering where it started. Play the NES version, it might not be as 'Flashy' or 'good looking' as this one, but its going back to basics, remember where this great franchise came from, wait for a fix then be proud of the leaps and bounds its made since 1985.
Thats all i have to say on this matter.

- VV

kingdawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suppose these is a IsGenuineCopy function in the system IOS.
Then After user insert a disk
Code:
main(){

:SystemMenu{
if (IsGenuineCopy==true){
ÂÂÂÂShowDiskAnimatedBanner()
ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}
ÂÂÂÂelse{
ÂÂÂÂShowUnkownDiskWithQMark()
}

}
I don't know how a modchip or softmod work, but I guess modchip is directly access to disk, desipte the value of function IsGenuineCopy() is. And softmod? I don't know, but I guess the same way.
But this time, in NSMB, this function is called frequently in a short period of time, when reading the disc, going into the pipes, etc.
According to the previous experiment, we know
Fact:A Genuine Copy of NSMB alway can run despite a modchip or cIOS in the wii ,that means
It doesn't matter whether you have a modchip or even Nintendo knows you have one (but I still think it's difficult).So we should not focus on whether a modchip would result this.
Fact:A Backup Disk can always be detected/recongnized by Disc Channel if no modchip/Softmod, that means
1.There is a function like IsGenuineCopy() to tell the wii whether it's a genuine copy and run it or not.
2.Still, there is differences we didn't find out between genuine or backup, including these 1:1 , or raw dump.
So either we can make the backup "Genuine" , make the two totally same (but it's impossible), or we can patch the function IsGenuineCopy(), let it always say yes.
If after doing a exp like this.
Experiment: Launch game using the Genuine one , then changed the disc to a backup one when playing, the game still can be continued
1. as a genuine one.
luckily , the systemmenu bypassing a value as a result of function IsGenuineCopy() to NSMB, and we only need to modify this value to tell NSMB it's a genuine one, without patching the game.
2. but disc reading error occured after a short moment.
too bad we need to find out where the IsGenuineCopy() is and patch this.
Patching the NSMB with finding where to recalling the function and comment on that will do, but what about next game? Still doing the same work?

Oh!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
Sorry for a wall of nonsense word.

D

Deleted User

PainToad said:
It has zero relevance, telling people not to pirate on a scene site clearly IS controversial. And you having a go at me for apparently trolling, by calling me a "fucken moron", ironic much.
He did not say it to get negative reactions.
And I never said you trolled, the fuck did you get that from?

lampjese

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lotus-gaming.org
XP
Country
Netherlands
[/quote]
I highly doubt any legitimate cracker is reading this. Or if they are, they are laughing.
[/quote]
Gues you are right readers and posters here are not helping eachother.
Look at the dolphin forum it looks much more friendly there
smile.gif

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingdawn said:

Code:
main(){

ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}
ÂÂÂÂelse{
}

}
I don't know how a modchip or softmod work, but I guess modchip is directly access to disk, desipte the value of function IsGenuineCopy() is. And softmod? I don't know, but I guess the same way.
But this time, in NSMB, this function is called frequently in a short period of time, when reading the disc, going into the pipes, etc.
Fact:A Genuine Copy of NSMB alway can run despite a modchip or cIOS in the wii ,that means
It doesn't matter whether you have a modchip or even Nintendo knows you have one (but I still think it's difficult).So we should not focus on whether a modchip would result this.
Fact:A Backup Disk can always be detected/recongnized by Disc Channel if no modchip/Softmod, that means
1.There is a function like IsGenuineCopy() to tell the wii whether it's a genuine copy and run it or not.
2.Still, there is differences we didn't find out between genuine or backup, including these 1:1 , or raw dump.
So either we can make the backup "Genuine" , make the two totally same (but it's impossible), or we can patch the function IsGenuineCopy(), let it always say yes.
Experiment: Launch game using the Genuine one , then changed the disc to a backup one when playing, the game still can be continued
1. as a genuine one.
luckily , the systemmenu bypassing a value as a result of function IsGenuineCopy() to NSMB, and we only need to modify this value to tell NSMB it's a genuine one, without patching the game.
Patching the NSMB with finding where to recalling the function and comment on that will do, but what about next game? Still doing the same work?

Oh!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

You're actually getting on to something...

D

Deleted User

kingdawn said:
Code:
main(){

ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}
ÂÂÂÂelse{
}

}
1. as a genuine one.

Oh!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
I'd say you're pretty much spot on from the sound of your logic...

gbasource

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
kingdawn said:
Code:
main(){

ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}
ÂÂÂÂelse{
}

}
1. as a genuine one.

Oh!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
I'd say you're pretty much spot on from the sound of your logic...

Why not try changing it from:

ShowDiskAnimatedBanner()
if (UserClickStart){
LaunchGame()
}

to this:

if (IsGenuineCopy==false){
ShowDiskAnimatedBanner()
if (UserClickStart){
LaunchGame()
}

razdor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
kingdawn said:
Code:
main(){

ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}
ÂÂÂÂelse{
}

}
1. as a genuine one.

Oh!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

How can you see that Script?!?!!? You just gotta change This:

Code:
ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}

Into This:
CODE:SystemMenu{
if ((IsGenuineCopy==true)||(IsGenuineCopy==false)){
ÂÂÂÂif (UserClickStart){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ LaunchGame()
ÂÂÂÂ}

}

AND IT SHOULD WORK FINE!!! if you can change the script do it right now and try it!

but i think you gotta try it on a hard modded wii.

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ROTFL there's no script like that in the game, that's just a logic supposition on how it could work.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt thats it, where does that code come from? It's called from the System Menu anyway, the problem is occuring in-game isn't it?

razdor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Tell me what is the program name that i can try and look at the game's code and ill try hacking it.
i just need a good tool that i can search within the game itself for strings, especcialy for the error code, which is happaning for some reason Nintendo succeded at getting us into those trobles.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
I'm pretty certain the "code" he was doing was purely hypothetical.

It was, however there is a similar check, modchips bypass this, but only once on boot.
This could be the reason modchips can boot it but then fail when the game/system checks again.

Wasabi constantly bypass this check even during a game, and im guessing this is why the game continues to work ok on those chips.

I'm guessing that if new FW was made (for modchips) to bypass these checks all the time during wii system run, it would work.

USB/Softmod users would have to make a system patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: