Homebrew New Super Mario Bros. Widescreen not working on TwLMenu

CrazyCritic89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this goes into the DS forum or the 3DS forum, but I'm posting it here.

So I installed TwLMenu on my friend's 3DS and tried to do widescreen. I used TwlBg, downloaded from the Universal-Update if that matters, and got the file I needed. I moved it where I was told to, and went to options on TwLMenu to turn on widescreen. I then patched NSMB with the widescreen cheat codes list, and tried it, but for some reason, it didn't go to widescreen. The game was rendering in widescreen but was stretched to 4:3. I tried Super Mario 64 DS and didn't have the issue. Any help?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this goes into the DS forum or the 3DS forum, but I'm posting it here.

So I installed TwLMenu on my friend's 3DS and tried to do widescreen. I used TwlBg, downloaded from the Universal-Update if that matters, and got the file I needed. I moved it where I was told to, and went to options on TwLMenu to turn on widescreen. I then patched NSMB with the widescreen cheat codes list, and tried it, but for some reason, it didn't go to widescreen. The game was rendering in widescreen but was stretched to 4:3. I tried Super Mario 64 DS and didn't have the issue. Any help?
Do you have "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" turned on in Luma3DS's settings? I think that being off will cause the games to be patched but still be squished into the normal 4:3 ratio.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"