Gaming New Super Mario Bros White Screen

Blehstor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys. After updating TwilightMenu to 20.0.1 and nds-bootstrap to 0.39 New Super Mario Bros just boots as two white screens on my DSi XL. Other games i've tried work fine (mariokart ds, pokemon diamond, etc) What could be the issue? Tried different roms from different regions and nothing. It used to work fine.

expx

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am having same issue. I just got pair of DSi handhelds and latest version of Twilight and nds bootstrap is actually first i ever used. I thought i was doing something wrong, did reinstallation of Twilight + Hiya + Unlaunched twice, upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.5, changed running parameters and different roms but i still can't launch NSMB, every other rom i tried seems to be working fine.

Gyit45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys. After updating TwilightMenu to 20.0.1 and nds-bootstrap to 0.39 New Super Mario Bros just boots as two white screens on my DSi XL. Other games i've tried work fine (mariokart ds, pokemon diamond, etc) What could be the issue? Tried different roms from different regions and nothing. It used to work fine.

I have the exact same problem! I would try to delete my nsmb saves from my original card but idk how

Blehstor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have the exact same problem! I would try to delete my nsmb saves from my original card but idk how
its not a save issue cause when you try a different region rom it creates a new save file and it still doesnt work...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happened to me once on the latest twilight menu++ with a normal nds (not dsi), but after that, it works without issue. it may only happen sometimes (not sure). I'm charging my nds atm, so I'll try it again after it's finished. I tried it once, white screens, then two more times, and it worked without issue. the only thing I did differently is I went into the game's settings with Y and X. I didn't delete the game, and I didn't change save. I did go from 0 to 1, then back to 0, but didn't save it. I'm using a dstwo.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just tested my ds again after it was fully charged, and the game worked no problem. the first time might've been a fluke. I'd ask @Robz8 if you're having problems with that game.

Reactions: banjo2

Gyit45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
going to the previous twilight and nds-bootstrap or using an R4 until the new version fixes it
Should i just go to 20.0.0 or back to 19?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried launching it through ulancher and this happened
IMG_20210427_075627.jpg

Gyit45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can get into the game now, but whenever i try to load into a level the screen just goes black. Ive tried restarting and letting it sit for about and hour and i have no clue whats wrong lol

Blehstor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can get into the game now, but whenever i try to load into a level the screen just goes black. Ive tried restarting and letting it sit for about and hour and i have no clue whats wrong lol
try the new Twilightmenu version, it fixes all issues

Reactions: godreborn

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on TWLMENU++ 23.1.0, nds-bootstrap 0.51.0 and it's still happening on my side.
I don't have this issue on the exact same version. I'd reformat the SD and see if it helps.

Also, there was a hotfix update 2 hours ago, I'd test that as well (though iirc there were no fixes related to this game in particular).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool