New Super Mario Bros. protection patcher?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lakaiskateboarding, May 21, 2010.

1. lakaiskateboarding
    OP

lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2007
    Hi,

I wonder if there is a program that is able to patch the protection of New Super mario Bros., because I have an old Wiid modchip and I don´t really have the money and will to buy an external hard drive.

Are there many games which have this protection now? I have been out of the scene for a while...

2. leondmsmith

leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2009
    yes its called PPF - many games could use it by now but only NSMB seems to require patching at thew moment. Well its the only one i have patched, the patch is by VK i think, all the details are in the getting NSMB to work thread.

3. lakaiskateboarding
    OP

Oct 1, 2007
    Thanks, I heard SMG 2 also has the protection, so that´s why I really wondered. Seems like my modchip is still a little able to compete with softmods and isn´t useless yet.

4. richy

richy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2009
    There's a non-scene scrubbed NTSC version already out now and so far no-one seems to be having any problems with it so either there is no protection on it or no-one's played it for long enough to come across any problems yet.

EDIT: Obviously I'm referring to SMG2 here

5. lakaiskateboarding
    OP

Oct 1, 2007
    Ok, then I´m off burning it and installing some new ioses (I have 3.2 and I always install newer ios manually instead of updating).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice