New Super Mario Bros. protection patcher?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lakaiskateboarding, May 21, 2010.

1. lakaiskateboarding
    OP

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

Hi,

I wonder if there is a program that is able to patch the protection of New Super mario Bros., because I have an old Wiid modchip and I don´t really have the money and will to buy an external hard drive.

Are there many games which have this protection now? I have been out of the scene for a while...

2. leondmsmith

Member leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yes its called PPF - many games could use it by now but only NSMB seems to require patching at thew moment. Well its the only one i have patched, the patch is by VK i think, all the details are in the getting NSMB to work thread.

3. lakaiskateboarding
    OP

Thanks, I heard SMG 2 also has the protection, so that´s why I really wondered. Seems like my modchip is still a little able to compete with softmods and isn´t useless yet.

4. richy

Newcomer richy Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    There's a non-scene scrubbed NTSC version already out now and so far no-one seems to be having any problems with it so either there is no protection on it or no-one's played it for long enough to come across any problems yet.

EDIT: Obviously I'm referring to SMG2 here

5. lakaiskateboarding
    OP

Ok, then I´m off burning it and installing some new ioses (I have 3.2 and I always install newer ios manually instead of updating).