New Super Mario Bros Problem - cIOSCORP

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kurtisboyd, Feb 22, 2010.

Feb 22, 2010
  1. kurtisboyd
    OP

Newcomer kurtisboyd Member

Australia
    When trying to play a backup of New Super Mario Bros Wii (PAL) via the disk channel (I have cIOSCORP), the banner shows up and when I click Start Game it just goes back to the System Menu (it displays the grid of Wii Screens that displays when loading the menu). It's playing through NeoGamma at the moment (it's on the "Press 2" screen at the moment, I haven't played it yet and i've just left it on that screen for about 5-10 minutes).

What could the problem and fix be?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    If I recall, 2 things need to happen: You need to install the latest IOS53, and you need to patch BCA protection out of the ISO (search for New Super Mario Bros Wii patch)

3. kurtisboyd
    OP

Australia
    Well I downloaded IOS53-64-v5406 and tried to install it via WAD Manager, but it gave an error (can't remember exactly) but I know the error meant that a newer version of the WAD I was trying to install was already installed.

Also, the .iso I have is supposedly a fixed ISO (When playing the game through NeoGamma the game works fine: I've been playing it now for over half an hour and there have been no freezes or anything, the game works 100%.

I don't think that it's any of those problems, thanks anyway [​IMG]

4. kurtisboyd
    OP

Australia
    Also, I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but when I try and load a backup of Metal Slug: Anthology via the Disk Channel, it comes up with the question mark and says "Unable to read disk, yet it works fine in NeoGamma... Help?

5. bubbleboy

Member bubbleboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe it's from a different region?