Gaming New Super Mario Bros. & Mario and Luigi: PiT on Supercard DS One

Axerron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a problem with New Super Mario Bros. & Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time on my Supercard DS One. I'm a bit of a n00b in this, so I hope this isn't some elementary problem that just needs some patch of some sort. I have new firmware (v3.0 SP5), Kingston 4GB SDHC, no patches or cheats applied, both are EUR versions. Both have save file sizes set on 64kb by default. When i start them the only thing I get are two blank screens and there is no other option than soft reset. Got any ideas what to do? I tried to look it up here on forums but I got nothin', so... sorry if there already is a topic dealing with this. Thx in advance.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the self test to look for PSRAM errors. Hold L+R+Up on your DS bootup. you should see a white screen with black text. Press A until you get to a screen with some counting numbers. Wait until it finishes. If you see any red text that says PSRAM error, you have the infamous problem with DS-Ones. It's a designers flaw with the battery. There are several possible ways to try to fix it, but the only foolproof way is to use the triple loader with DSTT and Ysmenu firmwares as they don't use PSRAM.

The PSRAM error is the common cause of freezeups and black/white screens at game bootups.

For the record, I can't seem to get the newest Supercard firmware to even run on my DS-one. I AM using the triple loader. It gets stuck on the moonshell load screen and says something like "can't find the shell folder".

Axerron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I did the self test and I got Flash error, SD error AND PSRAM error
biggrin.gif
I'm going to find some info about this and what to do. But can you please explain the triple loader to me? Does it mean I just need to get those three firmwares and load then onto my SD or there is some trick to it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality