ROM Hack New Super Mario Bros DS. Remake for NSMB2.

HammerPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Logo.jpg
Project Throwback is hack that has purpose on recreate the original NSMBDS levels into NSMB2, for the moment it won't be an faithful remake(won't contain custom enemies and all that stuff, due on not having that much of experience with reverse engineering).
If you are interested on give me an hand and help me out on the project, I would totally appreciate it and obviously would be part of the team, just send me a message here on the official Discord of the project, there you can find out about the project’s progress and more.
https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/9275
Discord of the project: https://discord.gg/4w7wJaz

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot5.png
    Screenshot5.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 350
  • screenshot6.png
    screenshot6.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot 4.png
    Screenshot 4.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot3.png
    Screenshot3.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 541
  • Screenshot 7.png
    Screenshot 7.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by HammerPro,

HammerPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you going to release demos? Or maybe release worlds at a time?
For the moment,I don't have plans on release it yet,But maybe I could release some levels of differents worlds to have a bit of variety.If so I would announce a beta soon,so stay tuned for more updates or the beta itself.

HammerPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to know, how do you rate the % of completion of the game? Also if a world has more levels than the ds one, do you port levels from other games, Mario U for example?
Well in the case of what I do for the % rate is what levels have I done so far in that world,For example if I have a incomplete level made I would mark it as 3% etc.
If the game have more levels than the DS I remade from an older or newer game or I’ll make a level based on that thematic.​

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a really incredible idea! Nice job! Having the DS game revamped in the NSMB2 graphics is an incredible idea (:

Reactions: HammerPro

SomeRandomWeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this only going to replace the NSMB2 levels with NSMBDS levels or are you going for a full blown remake that includes remastered world maps, updated versions of the original sound tracks, ect?

Which ever one you are doing, I am excited. I was gonna do this myself but couldn't get Luma3DS to load my custom levels for testing.

Reactions: HammerPro

HammerPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is this only going to replace the NSMB2 levels with NSMBDS levels or are you going for a full blown remake that includes remastered world maps, updated versions of the original sound tracks, ect?

Which ever one you are doing, I am excited. I was gonna do this myself but couldn't get Luma3DS to load my custom levels for testing.
Well I don’t have any plans on modifying the world maps(I wish to do it tho but I don’t know how to do it or if it’s possible)But yeah,I’m am recreating most of the NSMBDS levels and updating the soundtrack of NSMBDS (Sadly,I didn’t find most remixes of the world maps themes so I’m gonna stick it with the original NSMBDS world maps themes.)

Reactions: SomeRandomWeeb

HammerPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Guys,I just wanna say that I’m sorry for not being so active for the remake,It’s because of my studies,when I get somewhat vacations(maybe on December or January I don’t know really)I would continue working on this.And btw the project for the moment it’s paused so yeah,I would try to release a beta on December or January
And thanks for 1k views,that’s a lot to me ;)

Pahan55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hey Guys,I just wanna say that I’m sorry for not being so active for the remake,It’s because of my studies,when I get somewhat vacations(maybe on December or January I don’t know really)I would continue working on this.And btw the project for the moment it’s paused so yeah,I would try to release a beta on December or January
And thanks for 1k views,that’s a lot to me ;)
Keep it up! I'm really interested in your project!

HammerPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gotta make one quick question for you guys(and some help too):Is it safe to update my 3DS to 11.9.0 update,idk if i’m gonna loose my progress of my hack on just updating the system.If someone could help me on find a stable version of ntrbooter and luma too and posting the links in here please?(that’s the program that I use to test the hack)I would really appreciate and you could help a lot on this romhack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.