Gaming New Super Mario Bros. 2 - What do YOU want to see?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, We know that NSMB2 is coming.. And ive gotta admit, the first 4 Screenshots look pretty similar to the DS game.

So, what would you like to see from the new game?

Personally, I want it to be as long as SM3DL, and feature some new power-ups.
oh, and I hope that the game looks as good as the wii version..

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The levels should be a little longer than SM3DL, but I'd also like to see the game have as many power ups (or more) as NSMB Wii. If the main power ups are only Fire Flower, Raccoon Suit/Tanooki and one other (like SM3DL), I'll be disappointed. Super Skills videos should make a return, too, those were awesome.

Reactions: 1 person

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
OH please . sm3dl was not that long, actually it was one of the shortest( it depends on how much time it took you in completing the special worlds)
I want it to be longer than sm3dl, AND PLEASE MAKE IT A BIT MORE DIFFICULT!. There was absolutely no point of lives in sm3dl. Other than that everything is tried and tested so dont change it much, and yeah i would love dlc worlds :P

Brionac95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope for a longer game than SM3DL, with a lot of power ups. Also, I hope for local coop and friends-only online co-op. Random online coop would be too lamer IMHO.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
It needs to be harder. Mario games are FAR too easy these days, and the new super mario bros hack that someone did for the DS was awesome, a little unforgiving in places but it was way more fun that the official game.

I would also like to see levels that change slightly, not big changes but lets say sometimes enemies spawn in diffrent places, in one run of a level the 1st pipe would take you to a shortcut room, in another playthrough of the same level its the 2nd pipe. I think little changes like that would make my next idea awesome...

Time trials for speed runs of levels, that you can compare online with other people, i think combined with levels that change slightly each time it would make it alot better for competition online for the fastest time.

Reactions: 2 people

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, I am not sure if I even want the game.

I loved the first one, and played a little bit of the Wii version, and they felt pretty much the same.

If they show the game at E3 with a ridiculous good trailer showing off a ton of new things, I'll probably get it. No idea what those new things would have to be.

paratroopa

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to see the multiplayer from the Wii version make a return.
Also, scrap Yellow and Blue Toad for Wario and Waluigi.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I kinda get the feeling that if there will be multiplayer, it would be strictly local with the possible exception of online play with only those on your friend list. The Wii version, while competitive to a point, also involved cooperation. I'd imagine so many jerks simply wanting to get a stiffy by messing you up and not actually play the game.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Possibility to save after every level. Removal of 1Ups/Lives (pointless anyway, since you get unlimited continues), but overall more difficult levels.

True for the 1Ups, except maybe in a multiplayer scenario, where one can die, but the game keeps going like with NSMBWii if any more players are still up.

Difficulty-wise, I would also like it more difficult, but they have to take into account that not everyone wants it to be too difficult. They already made strides with the guides things that allows invincibility throughout the level or simply skip to the end. Only thing I could imagine is the frequency of enemies and harmful objects, as the levels themselves would most likely not change.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're looking at upscaled pictures therefore, you shouldn't judge the graphics of the game based on that.

I've seen people complaining about game's graphics when they're only looking at upscaled pictures.

Ofcourse, but We know the 3DS is capable of nice looking Graphics, so I hope they take the visuals to the levels they have with other titles.

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe some kinda difficulty option like easy, normal, hard. If you chose easy then there wouldn't be as many enemies and there would be changes to the level so it would be easier and on like hard there would be harder jumps to make and the hidden coins harder to get or something. That way the game could truly appeal to all gamers. And for added replay value you would have to play through all the difficulties for perhaps special worlds or in-game collectibles. That would make the game much longer.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like if the levels were more open-ended in design flow like NSMB Wii, the DS version kept with being like the original Super Mario Bros in that there's next to no vertical scrolling on a LOT of the levels.

I'm not expecting anything particularly innovative or fresh here, but still something fun to pick up and play.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Possibility to save after every level. Removal of 1Ups/Lives (pointless anyway, since you get unlimited continues), but overall more difficult levels.
1-Ups are still useful for the 2D Mario games as if you get a Game Over, you have to start the World over again. So the ability to save after every level would kinda be stupid, because there's no challenge in that. But when it comes to the 3D games, I agree. They're pointless.

And yes. More difficult levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it