Gaming New Super Mario Bros. 2 - What do YOU want to see?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know what I REALLY want. A 2D mode with Sprites as dynamic as the 3D models. I hate 2.5D to be honest, its a purely graphical change and it pisses me off since Nintendo says they dont focus on graphics. Like, I hated how Mario looked in NSMB, after I got into the hacking scene I looked all over the net for some kind of mod that would make him a sprite. In Smash Bros its alright since the characters are highly detailed and very fast. But IMO 2D platformers should be 2D platformers. Not some 2.5D crap.
I don't mind 2.5D, but at the same time, it's nice now and then. I would love a sprite-based Mario to see a sort of eShop release, though. Maybe Nintendo could de a series of "sequels" to their classics (SMW, SMB3) that are essentially the same with graphics and game mechanics, but with SLIGHT updates to the powerups and mechanics and such. It would be almost like DLC for NES and SNES games. lol

I completely disagree with Zantiago and agree in some points with xwatchmanx.

I think that mario sidescrollers becoming 2.5D is a change that will last forever
I think it would be pretty good, and think someday Nintendo will releases Super Mario World and/or Super Mario Bros 3 on Virtual console on e-shop.
But I think, if Nintendo release a sequel of Super Mario World o Super Mario Bros 3, they will release them in 2.5D sidescroller

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='VMM'], he means the annoying parts of most of the level music where a choir randomly goes "BA! BA!" in the wii version, the koopas stop and make dancing motions when this happens.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@[member='VMM'], he means the annoying parts of most of the level music where a choir randomly goes "BA! BA!" in the wii version, the koopas stop and make dancing motions when this happens.

Sorry XD I haven't played the Wii version.
I guess we don't have much to worry about it, this looks more similar to DS version than to Wii version.
I may be mistaken, and we have little information, but that is my bet, and I guess we will find a lot more information about this on E3.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BA! BA! Is in the DS version too... there's just no dancing koopas. :-p

I didn't know this was the BA! BA! song.

Still, I don't see any problem with that item, it's not like you need to use it. ;)
It's quite rare, and doesn't affect much in the gameplay.

But I agree with you in this: No Dancing Koopas please! :D

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Play the first level of the DS game if you have it. The "BA! BA!" literally happens 5 seconds into the music...

And I don't mnd dancing koopas, I just don't like the music. Lol

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I love threads about new Mario and Sonic games. We get to see just how picky some people can be about their games!

And you get the feeling that if somebody's complaining about BA BA music, or dancing koopas (2 features which I happen to think are kinda fun, but either way they certainly aren't intrusive!) then they aren't going to be satisfied no matter WHAT Nintendo give them.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I love threads about new Mario and Sonic games. We get to see just how picky some people can be about their games!

And you get the feeling that if somebody's complaining about BA BA music, or dancing koopas (2 features which I happen to think are kinda fun, but either way they certainly aren't intrusive!) then they aren't going to be satisfied no matter WHAT Nintendo give them.
That's completely false. Obviously, we were satisfied with SMB3 and SMW, since we're asking for a return to form like those games.

And honestly, i had no issues with NSMBDS aside from the ones I listed (the BA BA music, and a lower difficulty). All I'm asking is the removal of what I consider an annoying musical feature, greater difficulty, and a greater variety of powerups and alternate paths. I don't see how that's picky, considering how Nintendo has given all that to us in the past.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they do themed worlds again.
I'm actually on the fence about that... I mean, they're nice, but it gets so monotonous, IMO.
I also hope to see some more power ups. The Boomerang Suit, Mega/Mini Mushroom, and Ice Flower are some I'd like to see.
Agreed. Some version of the propeller suit (without the motion controls, of course), frog suit, and frankly a bunch of other various suits in the other mario games would be cool, too. Maybe the cape feather could serve as an alternate to the tanooki leaf, with some key differences in performance and ability (not sure how possible that would be).

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually on the fence about that... I mean, they're nice, but it gets so monotonous, IMO.
I also hope to see some more power ups. The Boomerang Suit, Mega/Mini Mushroom, and Ice Flower are some I'd like to see.
Agreed. Some version of the propeller suit (without the motion controls, of course), frog suit, and frankly a bunch of other various suits in the other mario games would be cool, too. Maybe the cape feather could serve as an alternate to the tanooki leaf, with some key differences in performance and ability (not sure how possible that would be).
It was sorta weird when SM3DL had a bunch of worlds of jumbled up levels. I know the original SMB is fun with monotonous levels, but themed worlds are cool! Like in SMB3 or NSMB/NSMBW. The ice world can still have an underground level, the the desert can still have an oasis type level....just in general the worlds should have consistent themes, IMO.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

For me New Super Mario Bros DS was pretty good, one of the best games for DS and I have the original.
I've played few of New Super Mario Bros Wii, but for me it was pretty nice, having local multiplayer is really epic :D
It's a shame my pc is old. I would love to play it on Dolphin, but now it gets at max 40 fps, wich sucks.

There are many power ups they could use, but I think they are waiting for another oportunity to release the cape power up again.
There is no why using frog suit when we already have mini-mushroom. The Hammer Suit and the shoe suit aren't much useful.
The boomerang suit would be pretty good, and would be quite useful for getting itens and maybe multiplayer.

I'd like to see:
More variety in the maps
More secret rooms
Return of key and keyhole
New Power Ups
Multiplayer Local up to 4 players(with Wario and Waluigi instead of Toads), and maybe online
Completely new type of levels
Yoshi
and more inovation

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for abilities,
BEE suit
cape suit
Frogsuit
Winged cap
cape to fly

Enemies,
bomb shell kppa
King Totomesu
Tatanga
King Frog guy (sm2 nes)
The bird that shooting eggs (sm 2)

Each level to have it's own unique ability to pass the stage or something like...
water level could have that submarine (sml gameboy)
maybe a car for a slide stage (like in sm 64)
aeroplane (like in sml gameboy)

it would be cool to hear some of the old classic tunes from sml gameboy and maybe mario 2 :)
Also like in nes sm3 once you clear the game you get millions of P wings or an option you can choose an unlimited item to use like star, mushroom etc... and maybe a stage where you can use other characters like Luigi to jump high and Princess to glide. How about hidden areas with tunnels to warp and flutes lol! But then again this has already been done so it could get boring!

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still just want a 2D sprite option :glare:
Lol, perhaps that could be an unlockable option once you beat the game. :P

That's a good idea, and would please a lot of old-school gamers
But i think Nintendo is too lazy to do it.
This game looks like a lazy project just to get easy money.
We don't know much about the game, but what we know doesn't show almost any improvement compared to DS version

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I still just want a 2D sprite option :glare:
Lol, perhaps that could be an unlockable option once you beat the game. :P

That's a good idea, and would please a lot of old-school gamers
But i think Nintendo is too lazy to do it.
This game looks like a lazy project just to get easy money.
We don't know much about the game, but what we know doesn't show almost any improvement compared to DS version
Dude, all we have so far are screenshots. We don't know anything about the game or how it plays. Is it rehashed? Yeah, maybe. But I don't think we know enough to write it off as "lazy" or "unimproved" yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol