Homebrew New Super Mario Bros 2 preventing Hombrew CIA from loading?

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but here I go. I noticed something strange in both my O3DS and N3DS: Every time I open NSMB2 (either normal or Gold Edition), then press home and open a homebrew CIA program, the game tries to close in order to open the other program, but instead it gets stuck in a black screen. However, if I open an installed game like Kirby Triple Deluxe or DKC Returns, the latter opens properly. The workarounds I found so far besides opening a new game are turning off the system, and even opening a GBA game, inject or not. Does anybody know what the cause of the problem may be?

So far, Quick Reboot and Quick Shutdown are unaffected by this.

C3po345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested this with my standard retail version of NSMB2 and lo and behold, he's actually right. Even if I fully close NSMB2 and open a homebrew app (FBI in my case), the 3DS crashes and requires a reboot.
However, HBLoader, pirated games and even converted dev CCIs (tested with SM3DL demo) still work.

However, I decided to test this with some of the other first party Nintendo games, including Tomodachi, Sm4sh, and ACNL. It seems that NSMB2 is the only game (at least that I own) that does this.

A workaround that I found is to fully close NSMB2, open a home menu service (friendslist, notes, etc.), close it, then run your homebrew.

Reactions: MushGuy

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try viewing the processes list with ntr cfw. (I would do this myself, but I don't have the game downlaoded, nor do I feel like downloading it just to try it.) It should be one of the last ones on the list (just press up once or twice). When booting for the first time with just ntr cfw loaded, the last process should be 00000026 or something close to that

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems wierd did you get it from the iso site or free shop/cia angel. What fw are you on. A9LH rxtools ext.
They were all installed with FreeShop and CIAngel, firmware is currently SysNAND 11.0.0-33U, CFW is Luma 6.1.1, loaded with AuroraWright's a9lh2.
Try viewing the processes list with ntr cfw. (I would do this myself, but I don't have the game downlaoded, nor do I feel like downloading it just to try it.) It should be one of the last ones on the list (just press up once or twice). When booting for the first time with just ntr cfw loaded, the last process should be 00000026 or something close to that
OK, I loaded the game with NTR CFW, and the last processes I get from Gold Edition are 00000024, 00000025, 00000026, 00000029, and 0000002a. Does it mean something?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were all installed with FreeShop and CIAngel, firmware is currently SysNAND 11.0.0-33U, CFW is Luma 6.1.1, loaded with AuroraWright's a9lh2.
OK, I loaded the game with NTR CFW, and the last processes I get from Gold Edition are 00000024, 00000025, 00000026, 00000029, and 0000002a. Does it mean something?
When you close the game, do 29 and 2a remain?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.