• Replies 595

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm so glad I was turned off Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Tennis because of the demos(IMO they are 'meh' games which deserve bargain bin treatment), probably would have bought them otherwise and regretted it later. But yeah thinking about it more, I'm probably the minority.

Okay, Starfox 64 3D?
You're not getting the full experience from a demo, you have no idea what you're actually missing from it.
It's an arcade experience and the fun comes from all the various different paths you can take through the game, and improving your score with each run.

Mario Tennis I get because I tried it, and was very underwhelmed.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad I was turned off Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Tennis because of the demos(IMO they are 'meh' games which deserve bargain bin treatment), probably would have bought them otherwise and regretted it later. But yeah thinking about it more, I'm probably the minority.

Okay, Starfox 64 3D?
You're not getting the full experience from a demo, you have no idea what you're actually missing from it.
It's an arcade experience and the fun comes from all the various different paths you can take through the game, and improving your score with each run.

Mario Tennis I get because I tried it, and was very underwhelmed.
Well you're not the first to say that, one of my friends had it and pestered me to play it, when I said I didn't find it fun. Still didn't like it, I don't know why, it just didn't appeal to me.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the first NSMB came out, I went to a K-Mart to buy a DS lite and I was convinced to buy to buy it after playing a demo, same with the 3DS and pilotwings, and with my cousins Wii, and my brothers PS3. Like it or not, people go to stores and actually play demos and that usually affects their choice when it comes to buying it. Imagine it happens quute often seeing how the stores wouldn't continue to have the kisoks if nobody used them.

Re-read the question
I didn't respond to a question I just said your wrong if you think people don't walk into stores, play demos and buy games.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
When the first NSMB came out, I went to a K-Mart to buy a DS lite and I was convinced to buy to buy it after playing a demo, same with the 3DS and pilotwings, and with my cousins Wii, and my brothers PS3. Like it or not, people go to stores and actually play demos and that usually affects their choice when it comes to buying it. Imagine it happens quute often seeing how the stores wouldn't continue to have the kisoks if nobody used them.

Re-read the question
I didn't respond to a question I just said your wrong if you think people don't walk into stores, play demos and buy games.

...which I never said

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

OP
I haven't played this game yet, only seen trailers and read reviews. But so far from non-GBATemp-y places, it seems that the general consensus is that it's one of the worst Mario games to date, and it's a cash-in. Is it really that bad? Or are there some things that make it worth a buy?

I really dislike the "Jew Mario" idea, please say this isn't a core concept but is just an ordinary powerup, and not one the game revolves around...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't played this game yet, only seen trailers and read reviews. But so far from non-GBATemp-y places, it seems that the general consensus is that it's one of the worst Mario games to date, and it's a cash-in. Is it really that bad? Or are there some things that make it worth a buy?

I really dislike the "Jew Mario" idea, please say this isn't a core concept but is just an ordinary powerup, and not one the game revolves around...

I actually like collecting all the coins. They're fun to get, you get a ton of lives sure, but the places they put them just makes it fun. For me when I'm playing, when I'm going across the level, and I see a ton of coins, I'm like "GET THEM ALL!" even if it means nothing, not going for the 100% of the game or anything, but just to collect a crap ton of coins.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally got a streetpass hit for NSMB2 today, two actually.
Two players called Nicole and Debbie, played the Mushroom pack. You don't see their record until you clear their challenge.
I challenged their records and did well, 10684 and 10624 respectively, they both played 1-A and 1-5, but then had a different fortress for each run.
Nicoles record turned out to be just 2090, Debbie scrounged up only 730. To make matters worse, they used White Raccoon Mario too.

I think they're gonna flip when they see my 30,000 coin rush record, haha.
I think I'll try their challenges as White Raccoon Mario, see if I can do better even with the handicap.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finally got a streetpass hit for NSMB2 today, two actually.
Two players called Nicole and Debbie, played the Mushroom pack. You don't see their record until you clear their challenge.
I challenged their records and did well, 10684 and 10624 respectively, they both played 1-A and 1-5, but then had a different fortress for each run.
Nicoles record turned out to be just 2090, Debbie scrounged up only 730. To make matters worse, they used White Raccoon Mario too.

I think they're gonna flip when they see my 30,000 coin rush record, haha.
I think I'll try their challenges as White Raccoon Mario, see if I can do better even with the handicap.
Raccoon Mario handicaps you D:?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night