gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
mb_1318029649.jpg

Super Mario 3D Land art has surfaced online, revealing one of Mario's new suits.

As posted on Nintendo World Report, a leaked piece of art reveals that Mario will be wearing a new Boomerang suit in the upcoming game.

The suit is clearly derived from Boomerang Bros., enemies who originally appeared in Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES.

We've reached out to Nintendo for a comment, but for now the image speaks for itself.

Super Mario 3D Land hits stores on November 13th.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I'm not to excited for this New Mario release but it seems like Nintendo is going for a Nostalgic feel when releasing new suits.

Reactions: 1 person

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
chris888222 said:
Can you even use the boomerang... If yes, HELL YEAH

if no, meh.
I doubt they'd make it a Boomerang Bro suit and make artwork of Mario with a boomerang if you couldn't use it.

Reactions: 1 person

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
chris888222 said:
Can you even use the boomerang... If yes, HELL YEAH

if no, meh.
I doubt they'd make it a Boomerang Bro suit and make artwork of Mario with a boomerang if you couldn't use it.
pshh, he obviously throws his helmet like a boomerang! what are you thinking?
/sarcasm

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! I'm loving these retro suits. A few months back I figured out how to use e-Reader "cards" on my SMA4 (Super Mario Bros. 3) ROM and I was able to use the equivalent of a boomerang suit. It was really cool, cause for some enemies (hard shell ones for example) It would bounce off them and sit there. Then I'd have to go grab it again. :P
Also, if I threw it, hit a goomba, and it came back towards me but I missed it, that was the last of it till obtained the power up again.
Also I was able to use the Super Mario World "feather cape" on SMB3 which was cool, but besides the point.

Anyway, I think the boomerang suit could be an interesting type of power-up, if it's similar to how I described it being in SMB3 instead of all-powerful. Here's to hoping they come back with the Hammer Bros. and Frog Suits! :D

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He looks like an aggressive and well prepared field hockey player.

I really never cared for the suits in 3D Mario games. I was contempt most of the time just running around, hopping and bopping. I never found the powers to be significant unless they were needed to progress through the game (even then, they were rather forgettable).

konel01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm gonna teach you how to live. first lesson. suit up...

god i hope there are even more suits and power up. new and old! i'm actually hoping for the penguin suit to return. any other suits other r looking to re-appear in this game?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Every time I discuss something with you, it ends like this. Am I so difficult to understand? I know english isn't my main language but I don't think I'm that bad...

Let's get this straight:
-The guy said "Can you even use the boomerang?"
-You said: "Why wouldn't you able to?"
-Me: "Can you fly with Racoon Suit?"

With that, I was talking about the different things the suits will have in the game compared to their original functions. Just because this suit gave you the power to use the boomerang to defeat enemies, it doesn't mean it'll have the same power here (even if this would be stupid). The Racoon (on SMB3) gave you flight, attack AND floating powers, I don't see flight in any of the trailers released until now.

Did you understand the point now?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I discuss something with you, it ends like this. Am I so difficult to understand? I know english isn't my main language but I don't think I'm that bad...

Let's get this straight:
-The guy said "Can you even use the boomerang?"
-You said: "Why wouldn't you able to?"
-Me: "Can you fly with Racoon Suit?"

With that, I was talking about the different things the suits will have in the game compared to their original functions. Just because this suit gave you the power to use the boomerang to defeat enemies, it doesn't mean it'll have the same power here (even if this would be stupid). The Racoon (on SMB3) gave you flight, attack AND floating powers, I don't see flight in any of the trailers released until now.

Did you understand the point now?
The thing is, you said "exactly my point", which would imply that what I said, proved your point. However, you go on to say "The suits can have different powers compared to their original games." That, however, is contradictory to my post and the first part of yours as I was saying that it did include abilities from the game it was previously included it, you were saying otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...