Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IHpJY.jpg

The latest issue of Famitsu Magazine (as reported by Andriasang) has revealed a new adventure by Suda 51 and Grasshopper Manufacture. Entitled Killer is Dead, the game will be coming to both Xbox 360 and PS3, and though it isn't a direct sequel to Killer 7, it will be a spiritual successor to Killer 7 and the No More Heroes games.

Similar to No More Heroes, the main character (Executioner) will be tasked with defeating "S level criminals," and the game will focus on swordplay. Suda is listed as executive director for the game, which is being touted as a "Dark Side 007."

:arrow: Source: Andriasang

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killer 7 was one of those flawed games that were worth going back to just because it had such a different style.
Same with No More Heroes.
No More Heroes 2 though was fantastic.
Shadow of the Damned was something that really should have sold better, loved that game.

Anyway he seems to learn with each title so cannot wait for this. In a way I hope this Killer 7 & NMH are in the same universe.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm infatuated by the focus on swordplay similar to the No More Heroes one but I'm not enjoying the aesthetic shown in the screenshot... I want to see this bad boy in action, I believe in SUDA, this'll probably be good... or alternatively, extremely hard to understand, like Flower, Sun and Rain. What an acid trip that was! :lol:

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm infatuated by the focus on swordplay similar to the No More Heroes one but I'm not enjoying the aesthetic shown in the screenshot... I want to see this bad boy in action, I believe in SUDA, this'll probably be good... or alternatively, extremely hard to understand, like Flower, Sun and Rain. What an acid trip that was! :lol:

The screenshot is from Killer 7, not the new game.

I wonder if Shinji Mikami and Akira Yamaoka will have a hand in this like they did with Shadows of The Damned. Shadows was a good game, but a little to short and easy. I think if they took another shot at it they could create a truly memorable experience.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is indeed fantastic news. I wasn't really a fan of the first NMH and I haven't played the sequel(which I should start soon as I've read it's a better game than the first), but I thought Killer 7 was absolutely fantastic. And it will forever be one of my favorite games. Sure, like Hadrian pointed out it had its flaws, but show me a game that doesn't...

I'm really looking forward to Suda's next game. Especially if it's a spiritual successor to Killer 7(which is too bad, I would love to see a direct sequel of some sorts).

This news just made my day.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. You know, I can't help but picture Suda's development process as something like this...

tumblr_lxpvork8MA1qawpudo1_400.gif

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you.

Reactions: 1 person

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thats a must buy for me, Suda 51 is the Jodorowsky / Dali of Video Games. Suda Games are minimalist, cult games, great games. I will never forget "Flowers, Sun & Rain" for the NDS...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.