New Star Fox style game planned for the Nintendo Virtual Boy

If you are at all familiar with the Virtual Boy then you may have read about Hyper Fighting, the Street Fighter II port from Mr. Anon and MK. The clever designer behind the game's fighting engine, MK, has recently posted a discussion thread to gauge interest for a possible crowdfunded Nintendo Virtual Boy shooter-on-rails. The game is said to be "Star Fox"-like, and is being planned to include 10 levels and boss fights. According to the outline provided upon request, it is at the $50 tier that the chance of purchasing a physical Complete-In-Box release for an additional $99 becomes a reality. However, the fine print reads "available in limited quantities".

50 Euro: (available in limited quantities)
- rewards from the previous tier
- opportunity to buy a physical copy of the Limited Collectors Edition (VB version only)
NOTE: This tier does NOT include the costs for the cartridge! Buying the cartridge will cause additional costs of around 99$ (USD).

With the Patreon backed updates of the Virtual Boy Development Engine and the recent release of 2 different link cables, the future of VB homebrew looks bright in red!

00_nintendo_virtual_boy_review_gbatemp_by_another_world-icon11-gif.79034
Source

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
because its homebrew scene is starting to grow quickly. Hyper Fighting is amazing. The prototype Faceball was found and released. A full hack titled "Faceball Remastered" was released. A lot of hacks and translations have been released. Mario's Tennis has had limited 2-player functionality restored just a few weeks ago. The Sega CD Snatcher "demo" was also rather amazing. As of a few days ago there are 2 working link cable solutions, one you can get into for around $20 (or the cost of mailing two donor carts). Hyperkin just released a brand new stand, eye shade mount, and eye shade. Keven Mellott is working on a VB-to-USB link cable (a working prototype exists) for online gaming. He is also working on a new Flash Kit (256mb). The Virtual Boy dev suite has been updated and the patreon backed updates include a working platformer demo that is being developed into a full game.

to be honest, i've not seen a boom like this for a single "obscure" console in a long time.

Damn. Who knew?

P

pasc

to be honest, i've not seen a boom like this for a single "obscure" console in a long time.

that is all i've ever wanted to see. the Vectrex has more commercial quality homebrew releases than it does retail games. there is no reason the VB can not be the same way!

-another world

Interesting. I have no idea where this interest stems from, but I sure as heck will watch this with popcorn on the sides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou