New SNES cart. Cheap. Runs all special Chips

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, i found this on sale the Super UFO Pro 8, its a new SNES power cart, apparently, it handles all Special chips games... and.. its $62

http://www.focalpric...rive_White.html

This is the official site: http://www.swapmagic...ontent.asp?id=7

Here are the specs:

Operation Manual for Super UFO Pro 8

Specification:

Emulation Game Cart-Dram Size: 32Mbit(With NiMH Battery BackUp)

Emulation Game Cart Rom Map Support: HiRom, LoRom

Emulation Game Save Sram Size: 1Mbit(With Li Battery BackUp)

Emulation Game Cart Sram Map Support: HiRom, LoRom

Game Cart Special Chip Support: BSX, C4, DSP, SA1, SPC7110, Super FX (With Game Cart On Top)

Firmware Flash Rom Size: 2Mbit(Updateable with SUPERUFO CLONE or FLASHUFO)

Extended Firmware Sram Size: 256Kbit

SDCard Support: SD, HC-SD, TF, MMC (FAT 32, 16, 12 System)

USB Support: USB1.2

Game File Format Support: UFO, 078, SMC, FIG, BIN, ROM

Cheat Code Support: X-Terminator, Gold Finger

Regional Protection Patch Function: Automatic Patch To Play

Here's a video of it working

What do you think? The reviews on the focalprice site say it actually works pretty good.

Please excuse my english.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That whole list of special type chip games needs a cart on top, not just the special fx type of chip. And the price is $89 dollars, unless you have a special hook-up you want to tell us about?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That whole list of special type chip games needs a cart on top, not just the special fx type of chip.
point taken
And the price is $89 dollars, unless you have a special hook-up you want to tell us about?
focalprice(which is in his post) says $62.82 when i look at it, so i guess when you round it off it's $63 USD but that's still no where near $89.....

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can read this in the manual : Game Cart Special Chip Support: BSX, C4, DSP, SA1, SPC7110, Super FX (With Game Cart On Top)

edit :
just realised that it was in your post too but that it's possible to understand it applies to the whole list or only Super FX...
I also think that it's for the whole list

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Before considering putting my money on this I'd rather see it in action especially for the 100% chip support...

Talking about that, where's the S-DD1? The S-RTC? The OBC-1, the ST-0XX series of seta chips?

Also superfx/SA-1 by putting cart on top? I highly doubt it, those chips are tightly tied with the ROM /Ram on their cartridge I don't think they can be accessed from the outside (only dsp1-4 can and the super everdrive already does that with the tototek t adapter).

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found a review of someone who tried it at this site: http://www.center-mart.com/cool-stuff-superufo-pro-8-superdrive/

Here's what he says

GREAT PRODUCT! I loved how it rips any game I have. There are some game roms I've downloaded that don't work on any emulator I tried, but they DO work on the real SNES when played with the SurpeUFO Pro 8. For the first time I've been able to play "homebrew" SNES games on my real SNES, not just an emulator. It's a wonderful product! It's even better than advertised. They say it can play Super FX chip based games, when I found that as long as I have a Super FX game in the cartridge slot, it will use the cartridge's Super FX chip to play the game correctly! I only have 1 SFX chip based game (Star Fox) but I have a feeling if I used that Star Fox cartridge while trying to play a backup copy of another SFX game (such a Stunt Race FX) it would work.

Overall a very good product, it does very well the things that a good copier should be able to do, but a cheat code device, a Sram game data backup, a Real time game level saver and a USB link DevKit, it should be the highest cost-performance SNES/SFC flash cart on the market. I would rate it 5 stars.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of these carts offer any options like SNES9x does to make these games look a bit smoother on HDTV's? I would love to have one of these carts so I can play on my actual SNES, but these older games look pretty bad on HDTV screens.

I quickly skimmed through this carts home page but I didn't see anything like this mentioned.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That whole list of special type chip games needs a cart on top, not just the special fx type of chip.
I haven't found that written anywhere, where have you got that info? (I know that it's too good to be true anyway, but a man can hope)
Common sense.

focalprice(which is in his post) says $62.82 when i look at it, so i guess when you round it off it's $63 USD but that's still no where near $89.....
He added that link to focalprice after I wrote my message, check the edited times and you will see I'm right. And I went to the only site he originally linked to which is swapmagic3 and went to the first two vendors and saw both priced it at $82. I like how Vladimir didn't mention that he changed his original post. Classy....

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: 1 person

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't found that written anywhere, where have you got that info? (I know that it's too good to be true anyway, but a man can hope)
Common sense.

He added that link to focalprice after I wrote my message, check the edited times and you will see I'm right. And I went to the only site he originally linked to which is swapmagic3 and went to the first two vendors and saw both priced it at $82. I like how Vladimir didn't mention that he changed his original post. Classy....

I edited my post so i could erase another thing. The link with the $62 price tag has always been the same xD. But you're right, some shops have it for around $80-$90 :D.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Really thinking of getting this to have a play around with, but I can't find anything about PAL compatibility.

It does most certainly use the SuperCIC code, or something equivalent, so it should work fine on a PAL console too. However, there are other reasons to avoid it, one thing I really don't like is the sales pitch claiming that it runs just about every special chip game. What they fail to mention is that you, as far as I know, need to have that specific game cart plugged in to the top connector, which makes that "feature" completely pointless, unless of course you really hate swapping carts. My guess is that it only passes the data from the cart on top through.

If they can't keep straight on something like that, what are the chances that the other claims are total BS aswell?

Reactions: 1 person

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Really thinking of getting this to have a play around with, but I can't find anything about PAL compatibility.

It does most certainly use the SuperCIC code, or something equivalent, so it should work fine on a PAL console too. However, there are other reasons to avoid it, one thing I really don't like is the sales pitch claiming that it runs just about every special chip game. What they fail to mention is that you, as far as I know, need to have that specific game cart plugged in to the top connector, which makes that "feature" completely pointless, unless of course you really hate swapping carts. My guess is that it only passes the data from the cart on top through.

If they can't keep straight on something like that, what are the chances that the other claims are total BS aswell?

Thing is, it's only, what, 40 quid? It's about the price of one 3DS game. Even if it doesn't run special chip games it's still pretty neat for that price, the SNES PowerPak is more than double that and doesn't use nice cheap SD cards for storage either. Unless there's a better alternative in the same kind of price bracket?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: