New Smartphone (Which one to buy?)

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys..

okay, so I have waited long enough to buy a cheap chinese 3G phone, and that didnt quite work out. Now my plan is to pay off the rest of my contract and get a new contract. I have the option for the following:

- HTC Desire
- Samsung Galaxy S
- The Nexus One
- HTC Wildfire(Very CHEAP contract)

Personally I would go for the Samsung Galaxy S.. but from what I have seen in the video reviews and videos.. it has slightly slow down every now and then? I mean I can notice with my free eye, so it must be noticeable that while browsing a page or browsing the phone itself, the phone has slowdowns? And the plastic quality, as in the build quality of the phone doesnt really feel all that high end.. but still an option.

Which one should I go for? I will get it by tomorrow hopefully...

funkymonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think at this point the Galaxy series is winning in terms of smartphones. However, it's not cheapest. I myself am getting the Epic 4G in about 2 weeks just because I know it's a very sturdy/fast phone.

It would also help to know if you want to flash/root the phone in the future or just plan to use it out of box.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Megane said:
Do the Samsung smartphone have any kind of App Store like on Android's phones or on the Iphone ?
If it's using Android it has same store as any other Android phone.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
be pataient and wait just a little longer the windows moile 7 phones will be coming out soon. You will be able to Kill any apps that slow your phone down. Where as the ones you mention you have to keep killing the same dang app over and over just to get better performance. This also means that the galaxy will be cheaper too at the time... just a couple months (check the release dates though if you cannot wait).

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just sold off my old Android phone, the Motorola Cliq XT, and bought the Samsung Vibrant (part of the Galaxy S series of android phones).

I'm very impressed. I love the damn thing, it's a beautiful phone and the OS runs nice and smooth. I rooted the phone to get rid of the Samsung overlay that's on top of Android OS (think it's called TouchWiz). The only thing that puts me off is no flash on the camera, not being able to take a picture with physical buttons (tap screen to focus camera and snap pic), and no front facing cam. But then again, the camera is really really good, and it's something I can live with.

I was going to buy a Nexus One, but its prices are still ridiculously high (buying w/o contract), about the same and even more than the Vibrant in some cases, and the Vibrant JUST came out. A friend of mine (who's had the Nexus One since launch) also told me that the hardware is more powerful in the Vibrant over the N1 (although it's barely noticeable?), so I decided to pick up the Vibrant new on Craigslist for $325.

If you have any questions about the phone, feel free to ask!

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Galaxy S rules. Got one 4 days ago. The only problems are the battery (I have to charge it every night, but I use a lot of applications like games or internet browsers during the day, and I didn't charge the battery properly the first day) and the speed (it can be kind of slow sometimes, but the 2.2 update will fix that)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rastsan said:
be pataient and wait just a little longer the windows moile 7 phones will be coming out soon. You will be able to Kill any apps that slow your phone down.
You can do that on Android. Particularly an Android phone that's been rooted. I disabled Moxier Mail considering that I have absolutely no use for it whatsoever.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
HTC HD2...

it will run windows but you can custom boot it to any... such us... all android versions, linux, and other roms...

i have it... and u can switch anytime really qucik

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S series) the other day. Loving it so far! I'm actually using it to type this message and the internet browsing works really well. Only issue is they come prepackaged with bing, which sucks. But it's easily removed and replaced by reading a guide on an android forum. Rooting is easy.

I've had no lag anywhere so far. Nor any stability problems. The phone itself may be a bit fragile if you were to drop it on a hard floor, but the materials feel very sturdy in your hands. I love it so far. And the fascinate's super amoled screen produces crisp and gorgeous picture quality and color.

Hopefully froyo will be out for it soon. That will change bing back to google and improve performance even more. Flash support too, but the skyfire browser already helps play flash.

And btw, I'd recommend ditching the default browser and using the free Dolphin hd browser. Tabbed browsing for the win! This goes for whichever phone you get. And for typing, swype is awesome, so don't forget to enable it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, why