New Sky3DS+ user on 11.0.0.33u(New3DSXL). Help on online gaming, ninjhax and JK savemanager.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by soulo.kun, Dec 28, 2016.

1. soulo.kun
    OP

soulo.kun Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hello guys. I'm completely new to the 3DS scene. I've done some research on the topic.

Somehow I only got this far.

On ONLINE PLAY

My 3DS cannot play online without updating to the latest version which is 11.0.0.35u.
    (although I've read on the sky3ds.com that the card supports up to 11.0.0.35u, I still DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE) - is there anyway around this? Like a version spoofer?

On HOMEBREW AND SAVE EDITING

I've read that it is SAFE to use NINJHAX on the newer versions 3DS. I'm having problems with the Norende Villagers in Bravely Default, since I'm not updating my firmware(No Update data, No Demos), I'm limited to the following options.

1.Powersaves(not available in my region) - Then Break/Edit the save
    2. Use Ninjhax then use JK savemanager - Is this safe on my new3DSXL on 11.0.0.33u? I've read that SVDT is unsafe for newer versions of the 3DS so I'm really anxious on whether or not I should use this method.

any help is appreciated.

2. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    1. Yes, if you have access to homebrew and the latest starter pack of homebrew, you will have ctr-httpwn. Boot that and you will have a spoofed firmware that allows you to use the eShop. You can also play online IIRC.

2. Yes, use JKSM. It is safe.

Last edited by Skyshadow101, Dec 28, 2016
    soulo.kun likes this.
  3. soulo.kun
    OP

soulo.kun Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    Thank you! That was a fast response! so if JKSM is safe, can it extract a private header from an official cartrige? Let's say, I own the KH3D Cart. Can I extract it's header and paste it to all my backup 3ds games? I've read that playing with public headers will get you banned. Thanks!

4. Skyshadow101

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    JKSM can't extract private headers. You have to use a powersaves or get a hardmod and install A9LH so you can use Decrypt9 or Hourglass9 to do so.

If you want to use the powersaves method, a tutorial can be found here.

5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    If I were you I'd look into installing A9LH+Luma anyway. It's superior, and you can ditch that crappy card (Sky3DS). Btw in your OP you claim latest version is 11.0.0.35 but in fact it's 11.2 not 11.0 ..

6. soulo.kun
    OP

soulo.kun Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    Sorry about the version confusion. I must be blind or something.

I've read that hardmod isn't possible with my ds?

So the only real option is powersaves... That sucks..

But I can use bravely default save game editor(the one with the villagers hack) with JK savemanager right?

7. Skyshadow101

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    Hardmod can downgrade every single firmware from 11.0-11.2. So you can get one. You are possibly thinking about a software downgrade. It is also possible to do a software downgrade on 11.0, but you need to have one of the four games that are compatible with it before they were taken off the eShop. Once you downgrade the NFIRM, you can install A9LH through https://3ds.guide

Yes, extract the save using JKSM, then edit it on a PC, then import the save back in.

8. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    For waithax you need one of the four exploitable games as Skyshadow101 said. On 11.0-11.2 it's also possible to downgrade with a hardmod or with System transfer exploit. The latter requires another 3DS that's already running on CFW. If you can't do any of that then Sky3DS it is.

Sky3DS will get you the job done, but it's not great, and you can't play online unless you own a private header for your game .. which you could only have if you actually owned the said game. Hence if you don't own Bravely Default (for example) I don't recommend going online if you've downloaded the game. Sure you'll be able to access online .. for a while, until Nintendo catches on and bam, your console is banned for good.

9. Skyshadow101

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    You can use a private header from a random game on multiple games. So he could buy a $5 3DS game and extract the private header. Then he can patch all his games with it.

10. Molina

Molina My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.

May 14, 2016
    France
    Actually you only need to own a private header from a 3ds game, not the header from the said game.
    You configure the header to be a general header on the sky3ds and it will be applied for all the game inside.

I used a Sky3ds a long time before swapping to CFW, and never had a problem with online play.

The only "bug" you can have is about C1 & C2 compatibility with the header, but it's fixed in 1 minute and happens once in a while.

Hardmod should be possible, you can see all the details with a referenced harmod installer here.
    Powersaves is cheap, but since 33c3 3ds talk is over, if you don't care about waiting (since you can spoof your firmware and online play for the moment), maybe they will be new downgrade method later on.

Last edited by Molina, Dec 28, 2016
  11. soulo.kun
    OP

soulo.kun Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    A lot of light has been shed on the subject. I've read in one of the links provided that the 11.0-11.2 can be downgraded.

Multiple problems
    -ZERO experience in soldering
    -no Available hacked 3DS in my area
    -I'm still researching on where I can obtain the four exploitable games, or lend a guy in need a hand? Does the four games run on a sky3Ds+?

Here's what I've learned today.
    - I can use latest homebrew launcher with ctr-httpwn to play online games.
    - The only option to extract private headers, is to use powersaves.
    - little to zero chances of downgrading my 3DS unless there new updates that are more readily available.

There's a big win though.
    I can cheat with JK saves! Yay! I've recently downloaded cubic ninja and JK saves. Can't wait!. Thanks guys!

12. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    @Skyshadow101 @Molina The more you know huh .. I was actually just going by what I was told about Gateway by other users so I was under the impression you needed .. say, a legit Pokemon Alpha Sapphire cartridge to use it's header to play your .3ds version. If it is as you say then Sky3DS isn't AS bad as I thought (it's still pretty bad).

@soulo.kun There's nothing to research. The games are pulled, you can NOT obtain them if you do not own them already. As such, waithax method is NOT usable to those who do not own the said games. In your case it might be best to wait for soon-to-be-released new exploits .. Now that 33c3 is over there could be some new exploits coming soon.

Alternatively you can send your console to a trusted Gbatemp user who will mod your console and ship it back to you. It is unlikely you'd fine one in your country from this forum though, so shipping would get really expensive .. :/

Last edited by Distrance, Dec 28, 2016
  13. Molina

Molina My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.

May 14, 2016
    France
    You don't need a private header either to play a .cia, it use something inside your 3ds to run online.
    The big flaw with sky3ds was the hardware, kinda resolved with sky3ds+. Now the flaw is the firmware, you can't play sun/moon on it, firmware update to be released SOON™.
    But in can not run any modded .3ds. That's why I swapped to CFW (good thing ninjhax works with sky3ds).

14. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Idk why I said .cia, I meant .3ds, though it should've been obvious given that I said A9LH+Luma3DS is better for online play, and that .cia has nothing to do with Sky3DS.

15. soulo.kun
    OP

soulo.kun Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    Thanks you all for your input!

I was working with my 3ds last night, got the ninjhax working, and got the JK savesmanager working, then broke the norende village restoration process. More gameplay for me!

I also found a bunch of apps on the starterkit of homebrew launcher, I was wondering if ctr-httpwn is safe and won't brick my system, can I test it to run update data(option ingame) on Bravely default? I've read somewhere that I can safely update data in BD without risk of ban.