Hacking New SKY3DS and no joy

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new SKY3DS (with the blue button). I tried a generic 16GB MicroSD, but Diskwriter formats and writes to the card and seems to work. When I power up the 3DS with the SKY3DS inserted (with our without the MicroSD inserted) I get a blank icon. I've tried pulling it and reinserting it numerous times. I also bought an ACE3DS PLUS and got that to work. I am using a game that is on the SKY3DS supported list. I also tried it with a Samsung 16GB. Same thing. The instructions/guides I've found don't really say/show what should happen when the card is recognized.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using games from your own region , Sky3ds is not region free so even if the games are written properly they won't show up when you insert the sky3ds into type 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also make sure you are using retail cardtridge dumps, even if the file is a .3ds one it won't work with eshop titles.

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. It says it is a US game, but I will try another one from the supported list. Will it do anything without the MicroSD inserted? The game I tried was the US version of Metal Gear Solid Snake Eyes. It was on the supported list.

tianchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried powering your 3ds without sky then inserting skycard while holding the blue button after that eject the card and insert it again without holding blue button, if there's sky3ds light flashing then you're doing it right then after the light stop blinking eject the card again then insert it again. i've own sky and sometimes i've to do that after erasing some games. i'm pretty sure there's an instruction about this on their website but i forgot where.

Last edited by tianchris,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. It says it is a US game, but I will try another one from the supported list. Will it do anything without the MicroSD inserted? The game I tried was the US version of Metal Gear Solid Snake Eyes. It was on the supported list.

It is supported, I have it the game, made my own dump and it works properly on my Sky3ds.

Whenever you put the memory card back into the sky3ds and into the 3DS you have to do 3 steps:

1)Press the button as your Sky3ds is inserted (there won't be any game icon), lights will blink several times, when they stop extract the game.

2)Insert the game again (there will be no lights this time) extract the game again.

3)Reinsert the game, lights should blink a few times and you will go to the first game in the memory.

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a knob, but are you saying there should be a light on the SKY3DS? There is no light, ever, no matter how many times I insert/reinsert/push the button. The green light on the 3DS flashes a bit. I am downloading Mario Golf World Tour to try that.

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a knob, but are you saying there should be a light on the SKY3DS? There is no light, ever, no matter how many times I insert/reinsert/push the button. The green light on the 3DS flashes a bit. I am downloading Mario Golf World Tour to try that.

Sounds like you're running into the same problem I am running into with my card [here]. Where did you order it from? Received mine on Thursday from ModChipsDirect. I should probably stop ordering from them as this is the second faulty item they have sent me in the past 12 months.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SKY3DS0122d.jpg

That little black spot/space between the button and the micro SD card is a blue led, it should blink.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like you're running into the same problem I am running into with my card [here]. Where did you order it from? Received mine on Thursday from ModChipsDirect. I should probably stop ordering from them as this is the second faulty item they have sent me in the past 12 months.

I ordered mine from ModChipsDirect and it works properly, never had an issue with it, I also ordered a R4i Gold and there is no problem with it neither.

It sounds like you just got really unlucky to me.

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is what I figured, nada. I got it Friday from Iflashdsi. I use a mac and have been busy, so it took me a few days to dig out a windows box to use the disk writer. Any other ideas? Was not too impressed with the Iflashdsi guys the first time, would rather not deal with them again.

tianchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you already did hold blue button trick and it still not working and diskwriter can read your sd card then you might have faulty sky3ds card.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is what I figured, nada. I got it Friday from Iflashdsi. I use a mac and have been busy, so it took me a few days to dig out a windows box to use the disk writer. Any other ideas? Was not too impressed with the Iflashdsi guys the first time, would rather not deal with them again.

Try contacting iflashdsi, they might replace it.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr