New Silent Hill Confirmed For Wii...WAIT ITS NOT A JOKE!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gonintendo.com/?p=77596

SilentHillCover.jpg

QUOTE said:
I have to go the extra mile with today being April Fools’ Day, so here’s the Nintendo Power cover as well as a couple screens…

“This is a reimagining of the first Silent Hill,” explains producer Tomm Hulett. “It’s not a remake or a port. That’s an important distinction. It really feels like a new game.”

We will have more details on this game as they come in, and I will add that information to this post. Thanks to Marl0 for the heads up!

Its been rumoured for a while now.

scrr1.jpg

SH5.jpg

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well.. it could be good.. it's been developed by western developers like the last 2 games, which I haven't played but from what I've heard, they both suck. So, I don't know what to expect here.

Silent Hill is one of my favorite series, and the first game is my favorite. I wonder what they mean by "reimagining" the first game, the Wiimote could add a lot to this game: using IR for flashlight (from the image, looks like it's being done already), Wiimote speaker for radio noises, there's a lot of potential here.. hope the developers use it right.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't a reimaging pretty much a remake?
Still, I like what I see and Silent Hill one is still one of my downright favorites.
Just walking down the foggy streets and listening for that radio crackle.
Not to mention the ash babies. They still freak me out a bit today.
I do hope it turns out good in the end and not some sorta crap fest.

Hadrian Uranium said:
The last one I liked was the one with the nurses.

Don't they all have nurses?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
This is excellent news! I've been waiting forever for a remake of Silent Hill. Hell, it's still great on the PS1, still gives me the creeps, but updating it to better graphics is just gonna make it SO AWESOME! Plus if they do the radio in the remote speaker like CockroachMan said, oh man...

They better not screw it up. The more like the original the better!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What?! I'm more surprised that that's the May issue, and I barely got my April issue a week ago. ><

Anyways, I played Silent Hill Origins(before my PSP was stolen), and I liked it(even though I sucked at it and when I got out of the hospital I didn't know what to do next). I'd want to try this one.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
More details from Nintendo Power:

QUOTE said:
“The characters play different roles, things don’t necessarily happen in the same order, and the story is taken in lots of new directions. You still play as Harry Mason, you’re still looking for your daughter, and you’ll see familiar elements, but they’re all twisted to betray your expectations.”

“One of Shattered Memories’ most significant and intriguing additions—your answers actually affect how the game unfolds. And it doesn’t end there. the game “watches” you constantly, and your behavior throughout can determine when you’ll meet certain characters, which scenes you’ll witness, and a variety of other factors.” “In Silent Hill games, the town always gets inside the protagonist’s head,” say Hulett. “But now, it’s getting inside YOUR head.”

“We’re using the Wii Remote to interact directly with the environment, so the puzzles are all based around that idea,” says Hulett. “You’re not just hitting buttons to choose things.” He also notes that the solution to a puzzle is always in the immediate vicinity, and assures us there’s a lot less backtracking then in previous games.”

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”

-Harry is moved using the control stick, the Wii remote is used to aim the flashlight

-When you look at something Harry will vocally respond

-No load times

-The Wii remote acts as your cell phone, and the static noise comes out of the Wii remote speaker

-Combat has been removed from the game, you can only flee

-When the monsters chase you the Z button will allow you to break through doors, climb fences, through windows etc.

source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=77624 http://gonintendo.com/?p=77596

Not sure about the lack of combat.. though, combat in Silent Hill was always pretty crappy.. and people would complain about the waggling anyway. Also, seeing that you can break through doors and climb stuff.. this could certainly make the game a lot scarier. Every other details is great though, Wiimote radio noise!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
CockroachMan said:
More details from Nintendo Power:

QUOTE said:
“The characters play different roles, things don’t necessarily happen in the same order, and the story is taken in lots of new directions. You still play as Harry Mason, you’re still looking for your daughter, and you’ll see familiar elements, but they’re all twisted to betray your expectations.”

“One of Shattered Memories’ most significant and intriguing additions—your answers actually affect how the game unfolds. And it doesn’t end there. the game “watches” you constantly, and your behavior throughout can determine when you’ll meet certain characters, which scenes you’ll witness, and a variety of other factors.” “In Silent Hill games, the town always gets inside the protagonist’s head,” say Hulett. “But now, it’s getting inside YOUR head.”

“We’re using the Wii Remote to interact directly with the environment, so the puzzles are all based around that idea,” says Hulett. “You’re not just hitting buttons to choose things.” He also notes that the solution to a puzzle is always in the immediate vicinity, and assures us there’s a lot less backtracking then in previous games.”

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”

-Harry is moved using the control stick, the Wii remote is used to aim the flashlight

-When you look at something Harry will vocally respond

-No load times

-The Wii remote acts as your cell phone, and the static noise comes out of the Wii remote speaker

-Combat has been removed from the game, you can only flee

-When the monsters chase you the Z button will allow you to break through doors, climb fences, through windows etc.

source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=77624 http://gonintendo.com/?p=77596

Not sure about the lack of combat.. though, combat in Silent Hill was always pretty crappy.. and people would complain about the waggling anyway. Also, seeing that you can break through doors and climb stuff.. this could certainly make the game a lot scarier. Every other details is great though, Wiimote radio noise!

what no combat? no waiiiiiiii!!

Combat, although faulty, is an essencial from SH games. just fleeing isnt exactly fun... and doesnt add much to the tension.

While you were *trying* to beat one enemy quick before another one came flying in, was fun...

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
jalaneme said:
epic fail removing combat, i can see this getting under a 7.0 the most from ign. will still play it though.

edit: http://www.true-gaming.net/boards/showpost...mp;postcount=37

high quality scans

Thanks for the scans.. aside from the similar story and character names, it sounds like a completely different game. I really like the new ideas and how they're using the Wii controls, this has the potential to be one of the best horror games ever, but people expecting a more traditional Silent Hill game might be pretty disappointed.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was so stoked about this release, but now!?
that's the ONLY thing I hate in forbidden siren, and the clocktower series.... no fighting...
I really hate fleeing. once you kill those bastards you can feel secure.. now? you'll always have to run around in the rooms...
that's also what i hated in the fourth installment of the series. the invincible ghosts....

i will get this for sure, but I am not looking forward to it as much as I did before.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news! Here's hope it has some neat flashlight controls. For some reason the flashlight has always been my favorite part of the SH series. Really added to the scariness of it all. Especially those long dark corridors in SH 2. And hearing noises down the hall, and then shining your flashlight to see something limping towards you.
wtf.gif

Can't wait!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
wow what the heck ?
I really thought the guy on the screenshot (on the front page news) was Harry Potter .. and turns out the guy's actually called "Harry" ? hehehe...
anyhow, I remember playing the game on the original PS1 console, it was considered an excellent game back then!

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
First Silent Hill was a really good game which kept my attention for quite a few replays , in hoping they take a bit of time with this one because to be honest im getting a little sick of the crappy titles they keep throwing out.

Hopefully decent graphics alla RE4 and the wiis control methods "could" make this a bloody good game , or they could just crap out as always and you might as well be playing a game with graphics ported from a commodore 64

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow this isn't old news
rolleyes.gif

"Hopefully decent graphics alla RE4 and the wiis control methods "could" make this a bloody good game , or they could just crap out as always and you might as well be playing a game with graphics ported from a commodore 64"

Please don't insult the c64 it actually had good games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1