New Sdhc card, only thing that works is virtualconsole/wiiware

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by maxdaling, Jun 19, 2009.

1. maxdaling
    OP

Newcomer maxdaling Advanced Member

Canada
    I just got a 8gb micro sdhc card and put everything onto it. My roms don't work, homebrew channel doesn't load.... I just installed cios rev13a. And the homebrew channel says I can't update... so I'm not sure where that puts me. Im fairly certain there is supposed to be sdhc support.

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    That's normal. The System Menu has higher compatiblity compared with homebrew stuff. So the SysMenu supports it and your Emulators etc. don't.

3. maxdaling
    OP

Canada
    Alright that makes sense. I guess it's a matter of waiting. How about the Homebrew channel? I'm on 1.0.2 I believe. Is that supposed to support the cards?

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The Homebrew Channel v1.0.3:

* SDHC cards are working again
    * SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
    * HBC works on all system menu versions now
    * Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC

5. Sonic4Ever

Member Sonic4Ever GBAtemp Regular

France
    Homebrew Channel isn't very accurate about SDHC compatibility.

My Kingston 4gb works on Bootmii and System Menu, but not in the Homebrew Channel.

6. maxdaling
    OP

Canada
    Well I got it working with homebrew channel by installing the the new one, I had to look that up because I was getting an error. Seems good now, hbc picks up my card, snes emulator is working fine for the card, genesis is not... what's weird is that my genesis used to be able to read from my usb hard drive for roms, but now it can't.... I'm thinking I might have to reinstall my cios.

edit: So I reinstalled cios rev13b.... seems like everythings working fine, the only thing I find strange is that the latest Sega Genesis emulator which used to be able to play roms from the external hard drive wont anymore, also wont read sdhc card, but I figure eventually there'll be an update for that.