new SD reader

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by woody0, Mar 24, 2008.

Mar 24, 2008

new SD reader by woody0 at 11:36 AM (818 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. woody0
    OP

Member woody0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    iv recently lost my SD card reader for my R4 and was wondering where i could buy another or would i have to go through the pain-staking trouble of getting another R4? (by the way, im on about the USB card reader, then the R4 itself.)

2. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They are all over the web.You can most likely get one where you got your R4.
    or any where that sells flash carts , memory or any other kind of computer parts...

3. ExDee

Member ExDee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hah. Well there are alot in DealExtreme. I got this one and gave it a review. It's pretty sick it's little and has a keychain loop. There are lots more. This is the whole card reader section.

EDIT: Oh I didn't see "SD" only. So if it's SD just look around in the area for card readers. If you don't like Nonbranded ones, just buy one in the store or something. But it will cost like hellza more

4. teH XeRO

Member teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

United States
    try newegg.com or any local electronics store (in the states we got circuit city and best buy) they are quite common any place that sells digital cameras, flash memory, computers, etc.

5. neonix

Member neonix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want the cheapest possible reader, Dealextreme has lots of cool mini readers. I have a few myself, all good quality. But take into consideration DX's free, but slow shipping. If that's a problem for you, there's other sites with good readers:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/iogear-pocket-card.../205557506.html
    http://www.buy.com/prod/verbatim-cameramat.../206590284.html

But those literally cost 10 times as much as the ones on DX, due to shipping and manufacturer. I would go with DX, but I'm a cheapo, so I always like to get the best deal.