Hacking NEW SCDS1 KERNEL

ChampionTWH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the ammendments, some of which don't much sense because of the translation...

1. Patch update to the 2064
2. Patch increased DMA mode options, small part of the game need to open DMA (DMA will be open part of the game unstable)
3. Amended 1770 Chinese Version of the titles Dead BUG
4. Amended version of the NDS and GBA version of Pokémon monster bags joint function (SLOT-2 support-SuperCrad SD, SuperCrad MINISD, SuperCrad LITE, SuperCrad CF)
5. Increase button "R + B" entry-SLOT-2 model GBA
6. Amended 2107 playing 20 minutes from the re-BUG
7. Revise multiple archive "increase" is empty filing.
8. Repeatedly printed in the amended filing immediately, the game will slow down BUG

info... news obtained from the official chinese sc forums

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
Thanks for posting that cutterjohn. It's MUCH more readable. What is a DMA option?
Not a clue. Normally it meant Direct Memory Access and on most computers that meant that memory could be directly accessed bypassing the CPU. At a guess, with flash carts, I'd hazard that it means that info can be read directly from the cart by a game rather than having to be buffered in RAM first, which is how I think that it normally works. (Just guessing here, maybe someone else knows for sure.)

A few other carts have the option as well, e.g. DSTT IIRC, so maybe someone in one of those forums knows exactly what it does...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Joey Ravn said:
Hit said:
What is DMA

Direct Memory Access. Basically, for SuperCard units, it allows the card to read/write at faster speed, thus giving you a greater compatibility, at the expense of a greater battery drain. If you have a fast microSD card, then don't turn it on, there's no need for it.

As I predicted, it was a matter of time before the big groups released an update that fixed this problem
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.