New Save Conversion Problem?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Shrooom, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Shrooom
    OP

Shrooom Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2003
    United States
    Hey all, I recently tried converting my patched Star Force save into something that I could run on my R4 (so I could get around the DS-X's "Crash Max" ARM7 problem with WiFi, sleep mode, etc. for a bit) using Shuny's Converter, but I just can't get it to work. I tried converting both the .sav file, and also tried the "removing first 24 bytes/FF's, renaming to .gz, and extracting to .sav" trick which I think is supposed to give you a Supercard save (neither when converted worked, either on a patched or unpatched version). I couldn't get it to run on my R4, nor could I get iDeaS to import it. I tried quite a few conversions and such for both the R4 and iDeaS but no luck.

Has anyone had any luck/problems with this, or would like to give it a try themselves? I'm also not sure if it could be because of the ARM7, or the 1.1.3 firmware. Thanks for any help.

2. RoD131

RoD131 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2007
    Afghanistan
    I've succesfully converted 1.1.3 saves to AK2, so no problem for me.

3. Shrooom
    OP

Shrooom Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2003
    United States
    Hmm, I bet it has to do with the new ARM7 fix then (and/or maybe R4 patching? idk). Seriously, I tried every possible combinations possible (on 2 different converters not including Shuny's) and no go. I've converted before, but not in awhile. Nobody's noticed this at all? I'm also surprised there isn't more talk about the wifi/sleep problems...

4. Ethanx94

Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    In the parallel dimension
    We are a dieing breed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice