New Save Conversion Problem?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Shrooom, Jul 18, 2008.

Jul 18, 2008

New Save Conversion Problem? by Shrooom at 9:30 AM (1,671 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Shrooom
    OP

Newcomer Shrooom Member

United States
    Hey all, I recently tried converting my patched Star Force save into something that I could run on my R4 (so I could get around the DS-X's "Crash Max" ARM7 problem with WiFi, sleep mode, etc. for a bit) using Shuny's Converter, but I just can't get it to work. I tried converting both the .sav file, and also tried the "removing first 24 bytes/FF's, renaming to .gz, and extracting to .sav" trick which I think is supposed to give you a Supercard save (neither when converted worked, either on a patched or unpatched version). I couldn't get it to run on my R4, nor could I get iDeaS to import it. I tried quite a few conversions and such for both the R4 and iDeaS but no luck.

Has anyone had any luck/problems with this, or would like to give it a try themselves? I'm also not sure if it could be because of the ARM7, or the 1.1.3 firmware. Thanks for any help.

2. RoD131

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    I've succesfully converted 1.1.3 saves to AK2, so no problem for me.

3. Shrooom
    OP

Newcomer Shrooom Member

United States
    Hmm, I bet it has to do with the new ARM7 fix then (and/or maybe R4 patching? idk). Seriously, I tried every possible combinations possible (on 2 different converters not including Shuny's) and no go. I've converted before, but not in awhile. Nobody's noticed this at all? I'm also surprised there isn't more talk about the wifi/sleep problems...

4. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We are a dieing breed