thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesterday, I received my back ordered Acekards.

I notice that they are different to the usual ones. Sorry if this has been the subject of a thread already, I looked back through the thread titles for the last few days, and couldn' see anything relevant.

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

The new one is on the right.

The new ones have the Micro SD cut out that can be seen from the front, it is also no longer held together by those clips, and appears to be glued together.

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
Where'd you buy that?

Does the acekard firmware work on it?

Sorry, but it looks like a fake to me.

Here's a topic about a fake acekard

I got it from DX.

I have put the AKAIO firmware on it, and it works perfectly.
I just put the AK original firmware on it, and when you boot a game, it puts briefly shows a row of "obobobobobobo"'s on the top screen, but loads the game okay.

Also the Micro SD slot is either broken on mine, or they are not spring loaded. I bought 5, but have only tested two of them.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Very weird. Are all 5 cards the same style?

I've got three ak2s coming from DX right now (two are gifts). I am really interested to see how they look.

I dont like that obobobobob0 thing. I'll prolly send mine back if they do that.
wtf.gif

It kinda sounds like how YSMenu boots roms on the R4, it shows a series of debug script before it launches, hmmm.

I also recently got a replacement 2.1 directly from the acekard ppl, and it's got the same build as before, with the side clips and spring sd

I'm looking at my R4 right now, and it looks a lot like the card on the right, with the green pcb and the engraved sd icon. I pretty convinced your cards are clones/fakes...strange that the stock firmware runs on them.

Heres a thread on R4pro running ak firmware

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
Very weird. Are all 5 cards the same style?

Just checked the others, and they are all the same. Micro SD slots are not spring loaded.

VatoLoco said:
I dont like that obobobobob0 thing. I'll prolly send mine back if they do that.
wtf.gif

DSC00113.jpg

QUOTE(VatoLoco @ Jan 4 2009, 11:52 AM)
I'm looking at my R4 right now, and it looks a lot like the card on the right, with the green pcb and the engraved sd icon. I pretty convinced your cards are clones/fakes...strange that the stock firmware runs on them.

Heres a thread on R4pro running ak firmware

Thanks, that thread is a bit technical for me to understand though. The original firmware from the Acekard team definitely works on it(As in picture above). Not sure what to do, will probably contact DX and ask why they are different.

I have been ordering Edge cards for people while the Acekards are on back order, may have to continue doing so if these aren't the real deal.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got some delivered from DX, and they too are like the card on the right, except the PCB is a blue colour.

Noticed they were different due to the USB adaptor though - the last ones I got were of the plastic 'flying V' design, whereas these are AceKard branded - much like the DSi model ones.

Haven't got around to checking them yet though.

Edit: Really does look like the R4 Ultra picture but with a different (AceKard) sticker on it.

sku_18311_3.jpg

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
Bad news indeed.
Thanks for the thread though.

Are these diff 2.1's coming with usb readers in blister plastic packaging ?
or cardboard boxes ... like m3 real, ez 3in1 etc ?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
In AceKard labelled cardboard box with plastic inside, card reader looks like AK2i version, card itself looks like R4 Ultra with an AceKard sticker on it.

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been waiting for 2 weeks now to get AK2.1 back in stock on my website, so will question my 3 suppliers tomorrow, see what they say.
Great picture though, no clips is worrying..... wonder what Acekard peeps themselves will reply.

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dack said:
Just got some delivered from DX, and they too are like the card on the right, except the PCB is a blue colour.

Noticed they were different due to the USB adaptor though - the last ones I got were of the plastic 'flying V' design, whereas these are AceKard branded - much like the DSi model ones.

Haven't got around to checking them yet though.

Edit: Really does look like the R4 Ultra picture but with a different (AceKard) sticker on it.

sku_18311_3.jpg

It looks like the one in that picture, but mine doesn't have the little notch in the side near the Micro SD indent, and also the Micro SD slot is notched out in the front and back.

QUOTE(theADDict @ Jan 4 2009, 01:21 PM) Bad news indeed.
Thanks for the thread though.

Are these diff 2.1's coming with usb readers in blister plastic packaging ?
or cardboard boxes ... like m3 real, ez 3in1 etc ?

I ordered the "compact" version in the cardboard box, so it didn't come with the USB readers.

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OMFG. :/
They just sent (3.01) me 5 of these with the reader. If they are going to be fakes/clones etc. I think I'm going to kill them. >:[
Very bad news...

FIESTA!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just great. This worries me, considering DX just now shipped my Acekard.

I really, really hope I don't end up getting a fake. If I do, will I be able to get it replaced with a real Acekard, or am I boned?

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Guys, quit jumping to conclusions, we all know that AceKard team was probably going to change their outer casing eventually because of all the complaints they get. I've sent them a few emails myself requesting that they change the casing and praised them on their AK2i models.

So we are not allowed to discuss it?

My thread title is asking a question.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
@ PharaohsVizier, not trying to start an argument, but its more than just a new shell. the saint08 has run the firmware on them , and the results are suspect, as it spits out a bunch of obobobo's before launching. Also there has been reports of the r4pro clone (and its clones) running acekard firmware. So, I don't think anyone is just jumping to conclusions.

...'jump to conclusions' makes me think of 'office space' lol
smile.gif

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be quite buggered, but let's just ride out this storm until the end.

In my case I live in New York so I can just sell the AceKard for $15 to someone who wants it then and doesn't care about fakes (no matter how much I warn them too). I dunno about your selling conditions, but I don't think it'll be too hard.

I'll just buy from leetmods again. Sure it'll be $1 lost, but I can live without a can of Arizona.

The only problem I personally see with having a fake card (like what happened with me and the R4SDHC) is that I don't like taking risks or leaving my twin brother with lower quality material. Other than that, if I never had a flashcart in my life, I'd just stick with a fake (if it's not really harmful for my DS in the end). I can still play games, do multiplayer, etc.

Unless there's some hidden agenda that I am not aware of.

QUOTE said:
...'jump to conclusions' makes me think of 'office space' lol
smile.gif

I like the moot space.

charlieram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I ordered 10 of these on 10th december when they were backordered, i have just recieved them , well 9 and one empty box but thats another story, they were from deal extreme and they have the blue pcb like on the last page, the usb readers are different (more like the older ones) and identical to the AK2i ones, also the bottom of these new ones look like the new AK2i, the top doesn't but then it aint got the old chip stickin out so hopefully we will all be OK.
One thing though I've had a little trouble with USB cards, on one you had to pull the microSD out a little to read it and another just kept installing and uninstalling in windows!

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the picture of the AK2i - it does look like the bottom of that card except for the plastic lines between the contacts. The top is more akin to that of a DSTT.

What is concerning is I had a blue PCB, thesaint08 had green.

Did you get the same 0b0b0b0d message on the blue PCB version? (Still can't test mine as I don't have a DS here)

Guess we'll have to wait for news from AceKard.

charlieram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, no errors on the ones I have tried (6 so far, I am just testing the other 3 after reading this) I must say i think i prefered the spring loaded MicroSD though as you have to make sure these are firmly pushed in the cart

Now tried all 9 that I received and can confirm all 9 carts work with no errors (For now anyway) but one of the USB readers refused to work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.