alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Summer vacation has been here for about a month here in Texas, and we have about a month to go! I want to start a project for this time, I have A LOT of free time, I do have a life though!

Yes, I want to work on a ROM hack for a NintendoDS game. I was going to choose Pokemon, but first-party games give me trouble with .narc (Nintendo ARChive) files. I don't know of a extractor for that. so I want a team of DEDICATED people willing to take at least one-three hours out of their day to help, and someone active at least every other day. We will contact through GBAtemp only, if I decide, there might be another free forum to have our discussion. Maybe, probably not though.

Okay, so if you want to join please post and say what you want to do in our team, I will be the boss and boss you around to do my bidding and not help at all! Okay don't leave, I was kidding! So please post what you want to help in, no stupid jobs though. And if you want to say of a game you want to hack. I was planning on Pokemon Diamond but because of those damn .narc files (and right now I don't feel like looking for something to extract it. So I know it will take longer than one month, but hopefully work get some work done. And no translation requests! Remember you must be able to get on GBAtemp regularly! And we can hack a DS game, we'll step down to GBA. So even if your first time, we'll get something done! So I need a team to boss, uh I mean, help make a hack!
biggrin.gif

7/11/08-It has been decided as a New Super Mario Bros hack. There will be Wario and Waluigi as the characters in a dark themed new land if possible. If you have suggestions or wanted sprites please PM one of us or post in this topic.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the links! I think all first party Nintendo games have a bunch of narc files. I'll hack into almost any game, it has to be one with a reason like PKMN, a whole new story. Or JUS, custom characters. Something worth doing.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
My recommendation is that you get started alone and when you have something tangible then you ask for helpers. You may know you are determined but nobody else has any proof of that yet.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, you can help me there, I was also thinking along the lines of New Super Mario Bros., custom levels, maybe Wario and Waluigi as the characters... Or something else, like I mentioned, Jump Ultimate Stars, so many sprites, it would be hard. And Pokemon would be a revamp of the whole goddamn thing, new maps, new move, new characters, and pokemon maybe. Those were some of my ides before. But feel free to suggest something.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A Pokemon Gold/Silver remake would be cool
That's already been made. Kind of.
It's called Shiny Gold, you can find it in the Downloads section up top.

And I wouldn't mind helping with something, as long as it was simple enough. And only if you actually know what you're going to be doing!

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe that would be later, but I want something completely different. I could maybe and that would be a second project, I was thinking if it was a PKMN game I would call it Nightmare Version or something, and it would be a darkish theme, and maybe remake some sprites like shadow pokemon, and you might be able to purify with a code. But that's kind of hard.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tjtjaj said:
i would love to help in these we should try to make a super smash brother for the ds
I am saying HACK, like editing a previous NDS ROM. That's homebrew you're talking about. There's a great one coming out, SSBRumble, there's a topic for it. So I want to try a HACK, okay. Sorry if that was harsh...

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But first before we even start we need a map editor, I heard that there's one but it wasn't finished, and in japanese i think. If we can't edit the maps that wouldn't make a good hack.
And the New Mario Bros, we'd need the sprites for it. It looks like it uses basic sprites, not really 3D, or does it?

Tragoedia181

B*tch I Look Like Goku!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the graphics are kinda 3-d i think we can get sprites from wario for the gamecube and and we can make a custom sprite for when he gets the super mushroom.fire flower etc...

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I think we're going with New Super Mario Bros. Pokemon is too hard, and I realized, Jump Ultimate Stars would pointless, I mean, who are we going to add...

Yesh, you can still help, I want at least a total a 5 people including me, a small team is good, not too large.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:

And I wouldn't mind helping with something, as long as it was simple enough. And only if you actually know what you're going to be doing!
I'd rather have a Pokemon Gold/Silver version on the DS. That'd be awesome. Plus, if it was a hack of Diamond and Pearl, all you'd need to do was change the name from Poke'tch (or w/e its called) to PokeGear.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:

Maybe for the DS it is cool !!!

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon as I said is kind of hard, if anyone can point me in the direction of some tools, if it's alright with the rules. That would be great! But right now I think it's decided on Mario Bros... maybe... I use that word a lot... maybe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse