New revision Nintendo Switch soon? (HAT-001)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Izotov, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Switch XL!
    Switch Mini!
    Switch 2DS!
    Switch Nano!
    Switch SP!

Spectral Blizzard likes this.
  2. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    If it was a revision, it wouldn't be 001. Not to mention the numerous other clear indications it wouldn't be happening...

But I guess if you want attention, saying a new switch revision is coming is one way to get it.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. Spectral Blizzard

Spectral Blizzard GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist

Banned
    Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    BullSwitch!

ca032769 likes this.
  4. AzizR

AzizR Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
  5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Yeah, the EDEV unit. It's exactly what it sounds like, a dev console

Which is likely what this 001 model is, as well

6. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    BootROM
    Where is the haha react button

7. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I hope it's a Switch XL, these joycons are too fucking tiny for my yaoi hands.

8. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Yeah but 5 years it would be more a new console than a upgrade...

3DS had the new 3DS with improvements, PS4 went to the Pro, Xbox 1 went to the X, I think if Nintendo upgraded the 3DS they will probably upgrade the switch since the console is selling well and will be the best portable console for years... Sony gives up on their portable consoles...

Also smartphones are getting more powerful like the Snapdragon 835 with ~567 Gflops and at 10nm is way more power efficient than Tegra X1. And new Snapdragon is already out there...

The new tegra also has a lower power edition and maybe later Nvidia could make it at 10nm or less and reduce the clocks to be used on a new improved switch...

Last edited by guily6669, Feb 15, 2018
  9. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Why is this thread still open? It was already said MULTIPLE times that this is NOT a new revision but a DEVKIT.

10. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    We are not discussing this revision, now we are discussing that Nintendo might make an improved version later down the road like the new 3DS, off course it's not going to be now so soon...

It will probably appear s few revisions with small improvements like fixing the warping problem or reduce a bit energy efficiency by upgrading some components before an actual upgraded switch could appear...

11. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Hat in Time confirmed for Nintendo Switch? :tpi:

12. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Sorry for destroying that dream, but from the offical Hat in Time twitter account. A Hat in Time even will get a coop which would be perfect for a Nintendo console...
    Hm, there still is hope for Odyssee DLC kingdoms after all ;)

Last edited by VitaType, Feb 15, 2018
  13. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    There’s plenty of rubbing of the crystal ball in this thread, but the reality is that nobody knows.

The last few pages can be summed up as ‘Nintendo released DS refreshes in the past due maybe they’ll do it again. Or maybe they won’t’.

14. Jay L

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Those L/R + zL/zR buttons are a especially a big problem killer for me. Still can't believe the thing has no analog trigger...
    Anyway considering how successful the Switch has been (arguably undeservingly) I'd be really surprised to see any type of revision beyond the standard internal hardware changes to it get built cheaper and in less time.
    Then again this is Nintendo--a company that's constantly going against common sense and proven business models so who knows.

About the OP: Why would anyone even assume this has anything to do with a Switch Revision? According to Google translate it specifically says "Name of device: Specific low power wireless devices (wireless devices for wireless access systems including wireless LAN)". Sound more like a new controller or an accessory.

15. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    This is HAT-001: (SDEV) [https://twitter.com/a_cute_lynx/status/788934869770526721]
    [​IMG]

This is HAT-002: (EDEV) [https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/821827153562050561]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by GerbilSoft, Feb 16, 2018 - Reason: Mirrored due to Twitter not allowing hotlinking.