Hacking New revision Nintendo Switch soon? (HAT-001)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese market is crying out for a smaller, sturdier, more kid-friendly Switch. It’s why the 3DS range still sells in huge numbers. The kids I teach all own 2DS because it’s peace of mind for parents. The Switch is not well positioned to replace it.
Aye, I agree, there'll be a more kid-friendly switch. But i suspect it'll be more like a nabi than a vita. The important bits of the switch should still function as a switch, just in a different form factor. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Reactions: Taffy

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the HAT-001 it's a switch you can wear like a hat.

If we see a stripped-down Switch this early on, that'd be pretty neat. Something durable would be nice, I fell on mine and the left joycon can come off without the button being pressed. I can just buy a new set of them to fix that, but eh.

..If they actually make a Switch hat though I'm buying.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Next Switch version will be a cheap home console with no portability at 150-200$ to appeal home console market
i can confirm 100% that
not-gonna-happen.jpg

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
still not gonna happen after all the time ninty spent into advertising the switches portability they are not just going to take it away. plus how dem kidz going to use their crappy cardboard shit without it? :P

Reactions: Xandrid

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Jesus... people think a hardware revision is a whole new unit. It's mostly just other hardware inside. Like cheaper chips, or better screen etc. PS4 Pro got 2 revisions that I know off. It's nothing new.... It's like some 3DSes got a TN and IPS screen and some got TN and TN. Some got IPS and IPS. It's just different revisions. It's not as clear on the 3DS. Wii had plenty of them.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Jesus... people think a hardware revision is a whole new unit. It's mostly just other hardware inside. Like cheaper chips, or better screen etc. PS4 Pro got 2 revisions that I know off. It's nothing new.... It's like some 3DSes got a TN and IPS screen and some got TN and TN. Some got IPS and IPS. It's just different revisions. It's not as clear on the 3DS. Wii had plenty of them.
I don't know why. I just assume any revision involves a fix, or like you said, cheaper/better hardware.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish something like HW upgrade is happening!
Maybe will we have a switch Pro or plus soon?
I think it's very reasonable since Nintendo has contracts with Nvidia for a few years and Nvidia has the new tegra chip coming soon...

Maybe in 2 years we will have a improved switch at hardware level, but I think they will keep doing small improvements before having more hardware power...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it's very reasonable since Nintendo has contracts with Nvidia for a few years and Nvidia has the new tegra chip coming soon...

Maybe in 2 years we will have a improved switch at hardware level, but I think they will keep doing small improvements before having more hardware power...
While I think that 2 years is too soon, I think there’s a good chance that Nintendo will stick with the basic architecture for a long while like they used PPC/Radeon for so long. It would be easy to build a more powerful successor 5 years down the line using newer Tegra that maintain compatibility with current Switch games.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason people really want Nintendo to fuck everything up by releasing a "New Switch," but there's no indication that will be happening. There's no more miniaturized version of the TX1 in existence, and Nvidia's focus seems set on everything else except miniaturizing/advancing the Tegra line right now. At best we'll see minor changes to joycons or the kickstand or something. 2021 at the very earliest for Switch 2 with TX2. First the interest in the 1000 series cards has to die down some, they're all being bought up by crypto.

Expect Nintendo to treat Switch like a home console, but one that they can't make any smaller like Wii (that was a pointless revision anyway).

Last edited by Xzi,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese market is crying out for a smaller, sturdier, more kid-friendly Switch. It’s why the 3DS range still sells in huge numbers. The kids I teach all own 2DS because it’s peace of mind for parents. The Switch is not well positioned to replace it.
Smaller!? The thing is already just slightly bigger than your average mid-range smartphone.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Smaller!? The thing is already just slightly bigger than your average mid-range smartphone.
And yet, it does need to be smeller if Nintendo want it to replace the 3DS in the younger market in Japan. No parent in Japan is going to buy their kid a Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1